[Review] NVX EX10s, another solid offering from a new audio company
Sep 10, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #16 of 25
Here is a trick I did with mine.

Block the small vent that's right above the logo with tape and puncture a pinhole. Then use treble boost EQ on iOS, viola! sounds amazingly balanced and clear.

If you don't use an iOS device simply boost every region past 2k by about 4-5db.  

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #17 of 25
I must be blind. I can't see any vent hole on my EX10S?? Is it the tiny indentation (hole???) just at the edge of the square on the piece that juts out and has the cable attached to it?

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #18 of 25
it's there, above the logo in a corner, the hard part is going to be getting a small enough piece to tape in there to keep it discrete, and placing a pinhole, but it's rewarding afterwards.

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #19 of 25
here?

Pics, thanks to shiny new LG G3 camera :). I like my new baby...

Nov 27, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #22 of 25
  it's there, above the logo in a corner, the hard part is going to be getting a small enough piece to tape in there to keep it discrete, and placing a pinhole, but it's rewarding afterwards.

Do these have sibilance issues and hot treble like GR06/07?

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #23 of 25
Bump. I had resigned myself to shelling (hah) out for customs, since I have very pronounced differences in the shape of the opening of my ear canals. Between the tips and the rotating nozzle, I have found the pair for me. The cable is just south of perfect (a little springy and sensitive to rotation), but every gripe I have with it is just a minor version of things that drove me nuts with other IEM's. My main cans are Sony 7520's, which are detail monsters, especially for closed-backs. As $50 IEM's, the NVX EX10S's are beyond satisfying after adjusting my expectations from $400 full-size cans. I haven't tried the VSonic GR06's, but I figure if they're the same as the EX10S's, you might as well get these instead, since they cost less and have a silver cable and a chin slider.

I haven't worn SE215's for a while, but three main differences stand out. One, the Shures have removable cables. Notoriously unreliable ones that corrode, I've heard, but replaceable nonetheless. Two, the Shures have a bigger bottom and even more laid-back highs. Not much to say there; I prefer the NVX's signature. Three, the Shures sit in the concha, which I find slightly more pleasing than the "just hang there" approach of the NVX's. The housing of the Shure is more comfortable on the pinnae of the ear, but these rotating nozzles are a godsend for me and my weird canals.

Feb 12, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #24 of 25
I have the Sure 215's, NVX E10's and Gr07 BE. 
First, these aren't (in my opinion) a copy of the 07 by any stretch.  These are far more bass heavy than the GR07 BE's.
Second, vs. the Shure 215's.  If you plan on amping your earphones, the 215's can't take much.  I could not find a max input on them but, I am on my 4th pair and am giving them to my son.  You also can't (or shouldn't) walk around outside with the 215's.  They isolate crazy good.  You wouldn't hear a car horn right behind you :).   I like the sound of the 215's better than the NVX by a narrow margin.  The highs are a bit recessed on the NVX and the bass is a little too strong.  I use the NVX's when I want to listen to music really loud.  They can handle a LOT of power.  Other earphones would get hot when I cranked up the volume.  These do not. 
I have only had the GR07's for 2 weeks and am still going through the burn in process.  I can't see them becoming as bass heavy as the NVX. 
I like the NVX's a lot... I like the GR07's a lot more is all.
I am using an X3 or rockboxed iPod with an E-12 or Cayin C5.  I change the combinations around once in a while.

Feb 12, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #25 of 25
They are not the GR07, they are the GR06
wink.gif
  Vsonic makes them for NVX just like they make the Vivo phones which actually are the GR07 driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back