[Review] Noble Audio 6 (added ASG-2 and Earsonics S-EM6)
Jul 2, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #121 of 139
   Hopefully I'll find a tip that works for my ears with these bad boys. I'll probably order some Westone Star tips and give those a try next. Oh and if you guys have any questions at all feel free to ask.

Congrats on the N6. Just a heads up - westone star tips are made for narrow nozzle iems and won't fit the N6. Even if you manage to stretch them the bore size is way to small. I recommend getting the ortofon silicone tips. 

As kova4a mentioned, Westone Star tips do not work on the N6 (I know, I have the N6, and I bought them to try them on it)…. I have large ear canals, and what worked for me is:

- Comply (T500 are perfect, you can also use T400, a little bit more difficult to fit on the nozzle but it's doable - for both, I use L size for both ears)
- Sony Hybrid size LL (absolutely perfect for my right ear)
- Ortofon Large Silicone in L are very very good for my left ear, not so much for my right ear - for quite a long time I made do with a Sony Hybrid LL for my right ear and an Ortofon L in my left ear
- JVC Spiral dots tip in L (replaced my Sony Hybrid LL/Ortofon L setup I mentioned above) 
- I've recently tried the Auvio silicone tips  in L, and I really like them a lot with my N6...

Just thought I'd give you some suggestions (based on a LOT of personal experiments
wink.gif
)...

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #122 of 139
  Congrats on the N6. Just a heads up - westone star tips are made for narrow nozzle iems and won't fit the N6. Even if you manage to stretch them the bore size is way to small. I recommend getting the ortofon silicone tips. 

Thanks! Good to know. I've tried Sony Hybrids and Meelectric double flanges with no luck too. I'll check out the ortofon tips though.

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #123 of 139

As kova4a mentioned, Westone Star tips do not work on the N6 (I know, I have the N6, and I bought them to try them on it)…. I have large ear canals, and what worked for me is:

- Comply (T500 are perfect, you can also use T400, a little bit more difficult to fit on the nozzle but it's doable - for both, I use L size for both ears)
- Sony Hybrid size LL (absolutely perfect for my right ear)
- Ortofon Large Silicone in L are very very good for my left ear, not so much for my right ear - for quite a long time I made do with a Sony Hybrid LL for my right ear and an Ortofon L in my left ear
- JVC Spiral dots tip in L (replaced my Sony Hybrid LL/Ortofon L setup I mentioned above) 
- I've recently tried the Auvio silicone tips  in L, and I really like them a lot with my N6...

Just thought I'd give you some suggestions (based on a LOT of personal experiments
wink.gif
)...

Well maybe I'll give the LL Sony Hybrids a try again, but man aren't they a pain to get on 
tongue_smile.gif

I've got medium sized canals as far as I know, with a weird bend inside my ear canal. Most of the time I use medium size tips with my other iems, but they seem like XS tips on the N6.

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #124 of 139

Thanks! Good to know. I've tried Sony Hybrids and Meelectric double flanges with no luck too. I'll check out the ortofon tips though.

Well, I've tried a LOT of tips including the sony hybrids, all kinds of double and triple flanges and not only did I get a perfect fit with the ortofons but with my N4 they sounded the best. Now, I still haven't received my N6 but given the exact same housing and nozzle I'm sure that the same tips will have the exact same effect on the N6's sound. 

Jul 2, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #125 of 139
  Well, I've tried a LOT of tips including the sony hybrids, all kinds of double and triple flanges and not only did I get a perfect fit with the ortofons but with my N4 they sounded the best. Now, I still haven't received my N6 but given the exact same housing and nozzle I'm sure that the same tips will have the exact same effect on the N6's sound. 

Thanks for the heads up I'll see if I can track the ortofon tips down. Any idea where the best place to find them would be?

Jul 2, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #126 of 139
I get them from Amazon. And use on my N6.

Jul 2, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #127 of 139

Thanks for the heads up I'll see if I can track the ortofon tips down. Any idea where the best place to find them would be?

Not sure, I got mine straight from ortofon. I know there are a bunch odf sellers online who adverise their tips as being ortofon ones but you usually receive something completely different.

edit: maybe this http://www.ortofon.us/product_buy.php?pid=267

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #129 of 139
Hi John, Brannan,

I think this question been asked before or since day one, N6 is the only one in your stable available only in universal- any chance of doing the custom way?

My current amp setup has expanded N6 to another level that I never heard before, especially the vocal region. Needs a better seal.

Cheers jT.

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #130 of 139
Hi John, Brannan,

I think this question been asked before or since day one, N6 is the only one in your stable available only in universal- any chance of doing the custom way?

My current amp setup has expanded N6 to another level that I never heard before, especially the vocal region. Needs a better seal.

Cheers jT.

Hey JT, at this point in time the N6 is only available in universal format. I am glad to hear the N6 is continuing to grow with your gear, that is an excellent sign. Cheers! :beerchug:

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #131 of 139
Hey JT, at this point in time the N6 is only available in universal format. I am glad to hear the N6 is continuing to grow with your gear, that is an excellent sign. Cheers! :beerchug:

I never doubt N6 capability after I got it last year thru' your recomendation. Tried a nos of tips but none seems to hold longer than the blue one supplied.

But I am still wishing N6 being a custom one day.

Cheers!

Mar 3, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #133 of 139
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Noble 6W yesterday:

I'm going to pick them up when I am in California next week.  I'm currently working in Saudi Arabia, so if you guys have any recommendations for "must have" accessories that I should get with these, I would appreciate it so I can get them while in the US.

This is my first experiment with IEM's so I'm really looking forward to how these compare to my full size cans :)

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #134 of 139
I thought of getting a third party cable for my 6W but I have not. The cable provided is like the original Magnus cable and the bass response of the 6 already shines through. And the mids and treble are not weakened either.

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #135 of 139
I did order and additional Noble glow in the dark cable, just for ****s and giggles, and a T shirt, and their cleaning tool, but I guess that's all I really "need".  Really looking forward to listening to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back