REVIEW: Nintaus X10
May 27, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #31 of 42
I recently picked up one of these. Even though, the seller told me that it's X10(not X10_S) version of the player, I guess I got the X10_S version. The track skipping buttons work when the device is locked, and the wheel can be used to adjust the volume. It also comes with a custom Eq setting like Crazier R3.

IMG_1065.JPG

Sad part is there was no Silicon case or earphone in the box. I really wanted that case. I also find the buttons and wheel to be slightly creaky.

May 28, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #34 of 42
I'm now ready to through my X10 in the bin. What a P.O.S. From day 1 it would never load albums into logical files. It split albums, failed to play some and lately, after loading approx 40 albums onto a 32Gb card (and tried another just in case it was the card at fault), only 7 albums show, and the rest are just labelled as *********. The pause function no longer works, the playlist function no longer works, and I have to turn the unit off every time I want to pause a track. It does not show the correct artist image with albums, the list goes on. I will never buy an unknown electronics device again.

May 28, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #35 of 42
I'm now ready to through my X10 in the bin. What a P.O.S. From day 1 it would never load albums into logical files. It split albums, failed to play some and lately, after loading approx 40 albums onto a 32Gb card (and tried another just in case it was the card at fault), only 7 albums show, and the rest are just labelled as *********. The pause function no longer works, the playlist function no longer works, and I have to turn the unit off every time I want to pause a track. It does not show the correct artist image with albums, the list goes on. I will never buy an unknown electronics device again.
Sigh. You're new at this aren't you ?

First and foremost: don't ever expect a DAP that for 60 dollar can do a wide range of file formats to read your file info correctly.
What you do is, you keep your mp3's, FLAC's or whatever it is you use in a folder system. Artist, Album, Song is what I use but you can arrange it however you want.
Than you use the folder view to navigate, not the music. That always results in issues.

As to the album art, the Nintaus does have a slight delay when displaying album art. There's a certain size that can possibly be displayed.
I can only speak for mp3's, other file formats I have no idea.

As to your other issues. It's the first time I've heard someone list them

Jul 22, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #38 of 42
is this DAP still worth it?
i had fiio x3ii before and sold it, although i miss its sound right now and this players seems to be almost the same with good treble extension, meaty bass and full overall sound.
do you guys still recommend it? also did anyone used it via aux in car?

Aug 1, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #40 of 42
Could you compare this dap to benjie t6 (agptek rocker) or some dap else at same price?

You cannot pause or skip without pressing any button first to wake the screen.
If you're looking for a DAP in the same pricerange that has that functionality, you should try and find the Fiio M3.

Although it's no longer available on AliExpress .. other china webstores might still offer it although it will be more expensive than the the price of 44 EUR which was the standard price for a long time on the official Fiio AliExpress webshop.

I don't own the Benjie t6. Can't tell.

Apr 28, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #42 of 42
I have the rebranded X-10, called Pyle PDAP18BK. It has DSD up to my ears with 256, no problems with volume wheel, navigation, the language (English), and I don't need to update firmware.
The screen goes blank after a while and thankfully locks the buttons while I enjoy my music. A press of a button brings you back to your music playing. Go from there.

This is simply a great sounding DAP with intuitive controls and lots of battery juice for all kinds of IEMs. If you have custom needs outside of normal play, look elsewhere.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back