Review: New Mylarones - X3i and XBi
Dec 4, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #46 of 247
Just ordered mine
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #47 of 247
Well, I received the new XBi's last friday and I have to admit I've never been so dissapointed in my life...
I also own the older xb's, which I really like, but the new XBi's are...well... just really bad.

First I thought I received a defective pair, but I got 2 sets of XBi's (with the silver rings)
so I could do a comparison and both sounded exactly the same.
The bass is indeed the best I've ever heard, BUT the mids/highs are TERRIBLE, where's the quality of the older XB's?
I even 'burned them in' for about 24hrs, but still its making me cry.

I'm sorry to say I'm really dissapointed right now

Dec 4, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #48 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got a chance to test both the X3i and XBi out thanks to yuheng
biggrin.gif

IMO, the X3i is WAY better in everyway compared to the X3, especially the high extension, which is my biggest complain with the X3, and X3i have more and deeper bass. X3 is more towards warm, the X3i is much neutral and balance.

XBi was not my cup of tea, to me the high seems not existance at all. And the bass is just way too much, I cant help noticing the bass only...

Huh? My X3i is much warmer than my X3! Sure, it has more bass - but what do you call "warm"?

I still prefer my X3i much over my X3. Its bass is lovely and the upper mids are softer, sibilance is nearly non-existent. I just love them.

The XBi’s bass might be actually too much, Skillz. Ask Wilson if you may exchange the XBi for some X3i, they’re great.

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #49 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I received the new XBi's last friday and I have to admit I've never been so dissapointed in my life...
I also own the older xb's, which I really like, but the new XBi's are...well... just really bad.

First I thought I received a defective pair, but I got 2 sets of XBi's (with the silver rings)
so I could do a comparison and both sounded exactly the same.
The bass is indeed the best I've ever heard, BUT the mids/highs are TERRIBLE, where's the quality of the older XB's?
I even 'burned them in' for about 24hrs, but still its making me cry.

I'm sorry to say I'm really dissapointed right now

LOL I Just read your post on the Jaben forums. You havnt quite copied and pasted it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #51 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by aureus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh? My X3i is much warmer than my X3! Sure, it has more bass - but what do you call "warm"?

I still prefer my X3i much over my X3. Its bass is lovely and the upper mids are softer, sibilance is nearly non-existent. I just love them.

The XBi’s bass might be actually too much, Skillz. Ask Wilson if you may exchange the XBi for some X3i, they’re great.

Well, the roll off highs made the X3 sound warmer with my tunes. Unlike the X3i which have MUCH better high extension.

Dec 5, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #52 of 247
As someone new to the Mylarones, I'm completely bewildered. What are these things? How do they compare to, say, Shures? How are they best used? Are they reliable?

And a few more easily answered questions:

1. Jaben only lists the X3s for sale. Apparently, the X3is are better. What's the difference?

2. Is Jaben a good place to order from driectly?
Jaben Network

3. What's the difference between the X3i and XBi? Or X3 and XB?

4. Will these sound good off of my soon-to-arrive Sandisk C240, or should I build a small headphone amp?

5. Anyone want to trade me a pair for some of my stuff?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #53 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL I Just read your post on the Jaben forums. You havnt quite copied and pasted it.
smily_headphones1.gif

...guilty
wink.gif

But I had to post about it on the well known forums.
I might contact them

Dec 5, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #54 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spasticteapot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As someone new to the Mylarones, I'm completely bewildered. What are these things? How do they compare to, say, Shures? How are they best used? Are they reliable?

And a few more easily answered questions:

1. Jaben only lists the X3s for sale. Apparently, the X3is are better. What's the difference?

2. Is Jaben a good place to order from driectly?
Jaben Network

3. What's the difference between the X3i and XBi? Or X3 and XB?

4. Will these sound good off of my soon-to-arrive Sandisk C240, or should I build a small headphone amp?

5. Anyone want to trade me a pair for some of my stuff?
smily_headphones1.gif

jaben is the main distributor of crossroad, and i think his website is like quite long didnt update, just give them an email, they are selling x3i currently

amp is needless due to low ohm and sound good unamped

Dec 5, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #55 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...guilty
wink.gif

But I had to post about it on the well known forums.
I might contact them

Yeah contact him and we will send a replacement. Thats unless you want your money back, if so he might be more reluctant

Dec 7, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #58 of 247
Thanks for the review, it was quite helpful. But did you really mean you would buy these IEMs over the UM2 ($200+) or did you mean the UM1? If you didn't make a typo, I'm ordering some immediately..

Dec 7, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #59 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the review, it was quite helpful. But did you really mean you would buy these IEMs over the UM2 ($200+) or did you mean the UM1? If you didn't make a typo, I'm ordering some immediately..

I mean that if you're not ready to get something along the line of UM2, i recommend you get one of these instead

Anything in between only gives minor improvement, if any

I'm certain that I've never heard an IEM/canalphone i like more than the x3i for $100 or less.. and i've tried most of them

Dec 7, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #60 of 247
got myself XBi, IMO they have too much bass, covers up everything else, like listening music from a blanket, i prefer the old X3 cause they're more balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back