Review: New Mylarones - X3i and XBi
Nov 28, 2007 at 10:52 AM Post #16 of 247
just some small review which posted in my local forum
biggrin.gif

let's start my own evaluations after 30 hours burn in...

Iriver H120
Ibasso D1 DAC
Ibasso D1 AMP
CrossRoads Mylarone XBi
CrossRoads Mylarone X3i

Susan Wong - Close to you
In this songs, i found that x3i have very good instrument response with very good separation, and yes the vocals really sweet to me, and it enable me to enjoy on the "wet" vocals of the singers. Come to xbi, it have slightly dark signature where you can exactly felt the story of the songs, but with less lively kind of presentations, but this is more closer to those Hi-fi systems, which i found quite numbers of hi-fi systems having very dark signatures, the bass response is superb here and u can exactly felt the drum impacts here.

Susan Wongs - Killing me softly
let start on xbi firts, yeah, the xbi signature defintely present better on this songs as it faithfully represents how sad the singers are, having very good separations but yet it give you impact each instrument accurately. as for x3i, u can exactly focus on the vocals of susan and u can even listen her breath in the beginning, with more refined vocals "shadow", sufficient low frequency response with more lively presentations, giving the totally different feels on this songs which compare to xbi.

Emi Fujita - Best of my love
x3i having quite good synergy with this songs, the background instrument is very refined, u would c alot of instrument at the background, which i felt soundstage wider than xb. go to xbi, i felt it is pretty not suit as slightly forwards signatures with narrow soundstages which compare x3i.

Martin Monoit son Portian au Marche
the high frequency of xbi in this songs really surprises me, almost go near to my hd580 at my memory, i was like omg once it reach the high frequency. however, x3i do perform quite well, having almost same level which compare to xbi, but due to laid back signature, thus the excitement of the songs is like slightly worse off which compare to x3i, but both of this new model really shock me as previous mylar doesnt perform well in high frequency.

Norah Jones - Not too late
x3i seen to have better seperations but xbi do perform very well on the impact of instrument, due to well perform of mid low frequency.nothing surprises me but i was quite enjoy with the sound on xbi due to slightly dark signatures, it really suit this songs very well.

Jay Chow - The longest story
x3i do perform very well in this songs, the vocals from x3i do giving u the feeling of sad, and u can exact feeling like jay chow is very very sad while recording songs, and due to good sources, first time i found that jay chow sang really well, and he do really improve alot of singing skills, ops out of topic ald, change to xbi, i do find it perform equally good but not as to the style i like,it is another kinds of feelings when xbi wear in, and u can get the feelings of sadness, but i do really enjoy of clear and touch vocal for Chinese pop songs.

Nov 28, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #17 of 247
i was just wondering whether there is anybody posted the news for new mylar or not, as server down for quite some times, but i was so happy to saw this, and here come with some photo, sorry ya, imaging noob
[size=xx-large]Crossroad Mylarone X3i & XBi [/size]

P1010969a.jpg

P1010945a.jpg

P1010950a.jpg

this is the packages included
P1010951a.jpg

Nov 28, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #19 of 247
Could anybody, who recognized sibilance with the x3 compare them? With about 30% of my music I do hear it with the x3 and I wonder if they have been improved on that... Or if I should buy an xbi for those 30% because they're warmer.

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #21 of 247
You can order the X3 and you’ll get the X3i. That’s what David told me. You may enter it after ordering at PayPal though to make sure you won’t get the "old" X3.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #24 of 247
They told me. If you want to make sure, email them.

Nov 28, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #25 of 247
i m sure, i dont think the they have the old stock as well

Nov 28, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #26 of 247
Wilson Jaben told me that although in the shop appears X3, now they send X3i and the bundles comes too with the X3i

Nov 29, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #28 of 247
^that would be a good question to answer, since the build quality would be questionable if the same company manufactured the housing. I read that one person on the Jaben forums already had the wire fray a bit, though that could be just a fluke. The other issue is pulling the phones out of your ears; they're tiny balls without any real grips, so if anyone should accidentally tug on the wires, well, that's just bad news.

But really, we'll need to wait a month to see if the breaking really begins. As of now it's only been a week or two since people have had the canalphones; only time can tell. Impressions seemed good, though; I wonder if they can last through more than a few nights of sleep with a roller
wink.gif

EDIT: Hey dfkt, since you own M5s, could you do a quick comparison between them and the XB? It would be cool to know about the quality of bass between them...because if the difference isn't $100 greater, then it could save me some cash since I'm hunting for some bassy non-muddy IEMs. People are saying that the X3i's have a bit more boom than the XBs while retaining a good high-end, but I'm a bit skeptical since no one's really spoken against certain qualities (soundstage, tightness, etc) with all this garbled fandom.

Nov 29, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #29 of 247
Ocvaco is the factory where it all comes together but that does not mean that they have the capability to make their own housing/tips/driver/wire/3.5mm plug/etc.

I spent some time in China visiting a speaker factory last year and learned the intricacies about choosing suppliers for each individual part of the speaker. The only thing that was made in house were the injection molded parts such as dust caps and cones.

Of course Ocvaco can be to blame since they are the ones who choose the components and put them together.

Nov 29, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #30 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't speak too quickly about how much bass each of the new ones have, and how they compare to the old versions - since the old ones had this "burn-in/out" syndrome of losing bass after some days/weeks. Give it some time...
smily_headphones1.gif

There was never ever such a thing. It was just people getting used to the bass. I have gone back to the X3's and I get just as much bass as I did when I started out with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back