Review: NAD Viso HP50
Dec 14, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #181 of 184
I generally like the headphones too after using it for a few weeks although I was tempted tor return it initially. I got it for a good deal and "fixed" my issue with the pads so I kept it.

Made this short video:

Apr 23, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #182 of 184
The creaking was driving me nuts! So I decided to analyze the problem. And in the process I found a simple fix, just adding a small piece of electrical tape...

I took some photos with my iPhone, somewhat documenting the process, see this gallery:
http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/1042689/nad-viso-hp50-creak-removal/

My process in words:
1. I removed the earpad - four metallic screws appeared.
2. I unscrewed the four metallic screws and gently removed the plastic part with the driver attached to it. There was a piece of loose black foam behind the driver - I put it aside.
3. The secondary black cover piece could be removed (not screwed in, but may not come off without some fiddling).
4. Four black screws appeared - unscrewed them.
5. Now I could see the hinge mechanism, which seemed to be the source of the creaking noise.
6. With some trial and error I determined that the creaking noise came from the encircled plastic parts rubbing against the last removed plastic piece (the one attached with four black screws).
7. I added a small piece of electrical tape to the problem area and the creaking noise was gone!
8. I put the parts back together again in the reverse order. When you get to the point of putting the loose black foam back in, note that the cord goes on the backside of the foam (towards the outside of the ear cup) and that the side with a circular indentation faces the driver.

Note the little self-adhesive foam pad in one of the photos. I bet that is there to prevent the hinge from scraping against the black piece of plastic! But the two encircled pieces of red plastic apparently also needed some kind of "padding".

I hope this is of help to others experiencing the same problem...

Hi my name is Indrajit. I have a question based on your post. I had opened my Nad Viso HP50 and saw a loose black foam. It was loose. It didn't have any glue to it. So I couldn't glue it back. I just adjusted the way it was and then put the screws back. May I know from you whether the black foam needs to be glued or whether it simply needs to be put in its place without glueing.

Apr 24, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #183 of 184
The creaking was driving me nuts! So I decided to analyze the problem. And in the process I found a simple fix, just adding a small piece of electrical tape...

I took some photos with my iPhone, somewhat documenting the process, see this gallery:
http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/1042689/nad-viso-hp50-creak-removal/

My process in words:
1. I removed the earpad - four metallic screws appeared.
2. I unscrewed the four metallic screws and gently removed the plastic part with the driver attached to it. There was a piece of loose black foam behind the driver - I put it aside.
3. The secondary black cover piece could be removed (not screwed in, but may not come off without some fiddling).
4. Four black screws appeared - unscrewed them.
5. Now I could see the hinge mechanism, which seemed to be the source of the creaking noise.
6. With some trial and error I determined that the creaking noise came from the encircled plastic parts rubbing against the last removed plastic piece (the one attached with four black screws).
7. I added a small piece of electrical tape to the problem area and the creaking noise was gone!
8. I put the parts back together again in the reverse order. When you get to the point of putting the loose black foam back in, note that the cord goes on the backside of the foam (towards the outside of the ear cup) and that the side with a circular indentation faces the driver.

Note the little self-adhesive foam pad in one of the photos. I bet that is there to prevent the hinge from scraping against the black piece of plastic! But the two encircled pieces of red plastic apparently also needed some kind of "padding".

I hope this is of help to others experiencing the same problem...

Hi I have a question based on your post. Does the loose black foam have any glue with which it was originally glued? Or is the black foam simply meant to be kept back in its place without any glue? I just had kept it back. And when I listened to music I very vaguely felt just a little bass on that one cup but it could be an illusion.

Apr 12, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #184 of 184
IndrajitThis is so long ago, I don't really remember, and I don't own these headphones anymore. Also, it seems I can no longer see the photos in the gallery I'd posted... My guess would be that what I described as "loose black foam" in item 2, was without any glue from production.

The other piece of black foam I talked about at the end, when I wrote "Note the little self-adhesive foam pad in one of the photos", obviously was attached with adhesive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back