Review: Munitio Teknine SITi 9mm – Locked & Loaded
Feb 2, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #16 of 24

Quote:
Just got mine..  First impressions: so muddy =(

Welcome to the club. They do get less shocking with time but I think you're going to have to do what I did and drop all preconceived notions of how a 'good' IEM is supposed to sound before you can enjoy them properly.

Feb 5, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #18 of 24
Update:

I need to be fair to Munitio teknines:

After about 10+ of burn-in, I can tell it is improving remarkably.
Bass is more controlled, more ceherent.

Still a bass monster, but much more pleasantly so.
By no means hifi, but very enjoyable.

If we accept it for what it is, we should all love it quite a bit, AFTER BURN-IN.

R&B never sounded this good.

Feb 6, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #19 of 24
Nice review.  These beasts seem so different from the Silver Bullets, which I'm thinking of getting based in part on your write-up of it in the Multi-IEM review post.  Good stuff!

A minor question about the J3: the volume on mine only goes to 40, but yours goes to 60?  Is there a different model I'm unaware of?

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #21 of 24

Quote:
A minor question about the J3: the volume on mine only goes to 40, but yours goes to 60?  Is there a different model I'm unaware of?

Actually you are right, got it mixed up with my E7 which goes to 60. I don't think I've ever run either at max volume.

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:
Yeah people shouldn't get their hopes up thinking this is going to be a Silver Bullet

I missed the part where bullet-shaped earphones need to sound the same!
tongue.gif

From everything I have read they are very different sound signatures so not really comparable beyond the bullet-shaped housing....

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #23 of 24
Received my teknines today, so I thought I'd give a first impression. 

Pros
- In my opinion they do a nice job providing the type of enveloping bass that I would normally only associate with full size headphones
- Size is great, they are smaller than expected and have a great weight while wearing them
- Extremely easy to get a good fit and very comfortable. In the same sense, the sound is very smooth and not fatiguing
- The cord used is my favorite type: very durable braided cloth that doesn't tangle. Supposedly it is made with kevlar
- They look amazing: dark silver with the Munitio emblem etched in.

Cons
- Bass is pretty loose and bleeding into already recessed mids
- Different types of included tips would have been nice

I'm hoping the bass will tighten up with some burn in, so I'll report back after the weekend.

Feb 22, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #24 of 24
Feel the need to update. After burning in for 40-50 hours they sounded a bit better but I was still a little disappointed in the overall sound signature. Finally I tried messing with EQ and WOW these respond great! Absolutely loving them now that I got the bass under control, they definitely have a fun/warm sound that is very smooth. I should also mention that Munitio's support is extremely helpful and quick to respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back