Review: Modded iPod Classic 7G with 240GB HDD from eBay
Aug 11, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #171 of 194
  Why not building a 512GB one?

Can you give more details how did you manage to achieve that sort of capacity in your iPod? Also what version of iPod is that and what OS please?
Thank you.

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #172 of 194

Can you give more details how did you manage to achieve that sort of capacity in your iPod? Also what version of iPod is that and what OS please?
Thank you.

Tarkan will soon release the iFlash-Sata adapter that will allow you to use mSATA cards in your iPod Classic, I have been testing one of the beta adapters and now the retail version and it works flawlessly.  The OS I am using is the stock iPod Classic firmware.

IN addition to this I am using a 2000mAH battery that last a long time.

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #173 of 194
I am very interested in modifying a 7th gen Ipod classic, using a Crucial 480gb ssd, with the Tarkan adapter.
It's mandatory for me maintaining the original Apple firmware, in order to use Itunes.

I looked everywhere but couldn't find much informations.

Did anyone succeeded and can confirm that it is possible?

Any issue?

Thanks.

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #174 of 194
  I am very interested in modifying a 7th gen Ipod classic, using a Crucial 480gb ssd, with the Tarkan adapter.
It's mandatory for me maintaining the original Apple firmware, in order to use Itunes.

I looked everywhere but couldn't find much informations.

Did anyone succeeded and can confirm that it is possible?

Any issue?

Thanks.

I did use a Crucial 480gb successfully before moving the the slightly bigger Samsung 512gb card.  This can be done without any issues

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #176 of 194
Super. I am going to hunt for a 120gb classic and modify it.

A 120GB Classic will be LBA28 crippled by it's own firmware, and thus limited to 127.7 GB storage capacity.

Of all the different Classic models, I believe only the 160GB slim back will work for what you are trying to do with the stock firmware (i.e. no Rockbox).

So your hunt should be for a 160GB thin back only.

Other members feel free to correct or support the above. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back