Review || MEElectronics RX12
Apr 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

-y0-

500+ Head-Fier
Intro
MEElec has always been known to make some of the best bang-for-buck IEMs and thanks to Mike @ MEElec, I got to try one of their new models named RX12. It's a budget IEM only costing $15 or less.

Specs
Driver Type: 10mm Dynamic
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
Sensitivity: 99dB
Impedance: 20Ω
Cable: 120cm|Flat
Connector: Gold-Plated I-plug
Warranty: 1 year

Packaging & Accessories
The RX12 comes in a simple packaging with just the basic accessories which include 3 pairs of silicone eartips. It's an expected amount of accessories for its price. I haven't seen many companies, if any, include more than that amount of accessories in a budget IEM.

Fit & Design
The RX12 fits with no comfort issues at all. Isolation is about average. The design is pretty slick with its red and black color scheme, even the cable is two-tone. It also comes in a blue and black version.

Build & Cable
The RX12 is built pretty well for a mostly plastic housing. It feels solid and should last through daily use. The cable has a flat design and is very easy to handle, hardly ever tangles. It has minimal strain reliefs and not sure how it would handle lots of stress. It still feels solid for the most part.

Sound
  1. Treble tend to be a harsh at time but not as bad as the M6 and has some sparkle.
  2. Midrange is a tiny bit recessed but still clear and detailed.
  3. Bass goes pretty deep with a decent amount of rumble but not overpowering.
  4. Soundstage is pretty average overall.

Conclusion
I'd recommend the RX12 for those looking for a stylish IEM that sound decent and won't empty your wallet. It costs around $15 or less and provides a good all-around sound with an emphasis on bass that's better than most other budget IEMs like the UE100. Plus, it won't make you cringe if you break it due to the low price.  It can be purchased @ MEElec.

Pics

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 6
Me liking that cable 
cool.gif

Could you give us a score of this Rx12 compared to the M6 and M9.(and a score of the M6 and 9)  just to have some reference here?

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back