REVIEW: Keces DA-151 DAC 800+ hours burn-in
Mar 9, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #46 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
postponed the pico purchase due to some financial situation, and placed an order for da-151.
the waiting game sucks but i am extremely excited.
i was quite happy with a cheap usb dac(diyeden svdac04) before, and i cant wait to try da-151. guessing from what i've read on this thread, i think i made a good decision.

I am very interested in your opinion of the Keces as compared to the Super Pro DAC 707. These are two newer lowish-cost DAC's ($250 vs $109) that have recently come out and very few people have heard more than one so as to be able to compare them. When you have had a chance to listen to the Keces, please let us know how they compare.
Thanks!

Mar 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #48 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am very interested in your opinion of the Keces as compared to the Super Pro DAC 707. These are two newer lowish-cost DAC's ($250 vs $109) that have recently come out and very few people have heard more than one so as to be able to compare them. When you have had a chance to listen to the Keces, please let us know how they compare.
Thanks!

i havent received my da-151 yet (should be arriving today or tomorrow) but i think it'll be many times better than the super pro dac 707 usb.
i prevoulsy had the super pro which i paid about $100. it did its job alright but it was no match for diyeden SVDAC04 usb($159) which is not really a high-end dac either. from what i've read and heard, da-151 is on another level from those two. i've been without a dac for almost a month and i cant wait to get my hands on the da-151.

Mar 11, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #50 of 311
Without breaking out a ruler, it's like 8 inches x 8 inches, and about 3 inches tall not counting the feet (the unit itself).

Mar 12, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #51 of 311
got mine today.
img1688co1.jpg

connected to gilmore lite, 2 hours of listen with hd650 and dt990.
so far so good. =)))

Mar 16, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #52 of 311
The my MAX is restricted in the bass a little.

So I naturally had to boost the bass a few db <110hz

Then a few days ago I was listing to my system and noticed the bass had good punch and depth to it, but I remembered I had EQ off! Wasn't as big as EQ, but it was a noticeable improvement, but any lack of bass is now held accountable to the amp.

I think I am coming up on 100 hours or so. Anyone else notice improvement in bass around this time?

I also had sibilance the fews few hours, but that is long gone.

I can post more in depth impression by easter.

Mar 16, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #53 of 311
The DAC really blossoms around the 80 hour mark, after that, the next big step was around the 400 mark, and in comparison wasn't nearly as large, and everything after that was nothing really notable.

I handles bass on some tracks that my iPods only distort or can't really handle and clip. I notice there are some Wu-Tang and Method Man songs that have some CRAZY deep and impactful bass that can only be realized when playing through the Keces unit.

There are also some electronic songs that I have that have some PIERCING highs that I have only been able to hear when on my laptop. All other genres basically just have been given a new life, but the afore mentioned two are really what stand out.

It's definitly highly recommended. I can't speak for the DA131 though.

Mar 16, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #54 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
got mine today.
img1688co1.jpg

connected to gilmore lite, 2 hours of listen with hd650 and dt990.
so far so good. =)))

out of topic but what kind of cable is on the HD650? looks amazing!

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #56 of 311
tjumper78 when are you gonna write a detailed review of this DAC, gotta have more details.

Also, has anyone compared the DA-151 with the SVDAC05 or the Musiland MD-10 yet? The price is just about the same and those use the CS4398 top of the line chip. So a direct comparison would definitely help.

Mar 19, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #57 of 311
I don't think many people own multiple USB DACs like they own multiple headphones. So it is hard to get a shootout reviews.

I have a Constantine+ USB DAC, and willing to send to someone has other USB DACs to do the comparision. Ofcourse I will pay for the postage both ways to get my DAC back after the review.

Hope other people with other USB DACs willing to send in their DACs and someone willing to do the comparision review for us.

So step up and help us out.

Thanks

Mar 19, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #58 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tjumper78 when are you gonna write a detailed review of this DAC, gotta have more details.

Also, has anyone compared the DA-151 with the SVDAC05 or the Musiland MD-10 yet? The price is just about the same and those use the CS4398 top of the line chip. So a direct comparison would definitely help.

i'll try to take some pics and do a short review later when i get home from work. dont expect much since i dont have the audiophile lingo of headphoneus supremuses. i've used super pro dac 70 usb, diyeden svdac04, and emu 0404 previously.

Mar 20, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #60 of 311
I was thinking of getting this too to pair up with my Gilmore Lite and Darths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back