Jan 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #256 of 543
Quote:
Congrats RandomKid,

for a very nice review and pics. 

How is [size=x-small]Cristiano Ronaldo
 ​
[/size] doing in Real Madrid?

Now offtopic:
Can  JDS Labs install a 1/4" headphone jack (instead of the 1/8" jack)?

I am going to order the O2 and ODAC as two separates within a few days.
I want to use them with my brand new Toshiba Satellite laptop and the DT 880 (250 Ohm, 2005 edition).
Has anyone tried the DT 880 with the O2 (and ODAC)?

Used the O2 to power my DT880 600 Ohms for a few months.  This seems to be a bit of an uncommon combination, but the O2 did a great job.  The DT880's strengths really shone through with the O2 -- great control, detail, and soundstage.  But the O2 also shows the DT880s slightly recessed midrange, which had me try a Bottlehead Crack -- which I will probably stick with.  If you're interested in it...it's JDS stuffed with a 1/4" output and RCA ins let me know, I won't troll it anymore here. 

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #257 of 543
Quote:
How is [size=x-small]Cristiano Ronaldo
 ​
[/size] doing in Real Madrid?

Playing as some of the best soccer player at the moment....
But living under the shadow of the Messi era.hehe 
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #258 of 543
Does anyone know of a builder (either a member here on head-fi or commercial company) other than JDS Lab that will build a O2+ODac Amp to my specifications?
Specifically I want RCA inputs and AC input to be behind, a 1/4" headphone jack to be in front, a higher quality volume control, and a souped up PSU.

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #259 of 543
Audio Poutine in Markham, Ontario, Canada does custom desktop O2's though I'm not sure if he does exactly all of those particular customizations. You can reach him through the Audio Poutine facebook page.

In terms of head-fi builders, you could ask MisterX if he's up for it. He does really good work.

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #260 of 543
Not a fan of football, so I wouldn't know anything about Ronaldo.

Also I think JDS only offer it with 1/8 jack

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #261 of 543
Not a fan of football, so I wouldn't know anything about Ronaldo.

Also I think JDS only offer it with 1/8 jack

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #262 of 543
Congrats RandomKid,

for a very nice review and pics. 

How is [size=x-small]Cristiano Ronaldo [/size] doing in Real Madrid?

Now offtopic:
Can  JDS Labs install a 1/4" headphone jack (instead of the 1/8" jack)?

I am going to order the O2 and ODAC as two separates within a few days.
I want to use them with my brand new Toshiba Satellite laptop and the DT 880 (250 Ohm, 2005 edition).
Has anyone tried the DT 880 with the O2 (and ODAC)?

He sucks camel d_cks, FCB all the way!

- Sorry for the OT

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #263 of 543
Quote:
Does anyone know of a builder (either a member here on head-fi or commercial company) other than JDS Lab that will build a O2+ODac Amp to my specifications?
Specifically I want RCA inputs and AC input to be behind, a 1/4" headphone jack to be in front, a higher quality volume control, and a souped up PSU.

Mayflower electronics... I have two different O2+ODAC combos, both built specifically to my needs. However, do not expect that he can do EVERYTHING, like optional positioning of inputs/outputs or so since this is limited by the original design as well.

Feb 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #264 of 543
I want a 1/4" headphone jack  for my DT 880 cans, badly.
Besides the 1/4" headphone jack is much more sturdier than the other one.
I'll ask the JDS Labs about it.
(I'd rather go with well known manufacturers because there's so much dishonesty on the Internet.)

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #266 of 543
Feb 27, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #267 of 543
Well be getting ODAC soon :)

I see the C5 is getting a lot of attention, portable O2 pretty much, will be comparing C5 to C421 and O2

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #268 of 543
Quote:
Well be getting ODAC soon :)

I see the C5 is getting a lot of attention, portable O2 pretty much, will be comparing C5 to C421 and O2

Look forward to the review! From what I can tell, the C5 has some nice features, but it less powerful and more expensive than the O2. Not that I have needed so much power . . . yet!

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #269 of 543
Just got the O2 two days ago.  Have it paired with VModa M80s.  Sourcing from iPhone with LOD Cable Jive.  
This is easily the best sound I have obtained since I started with this sound path last year. 

As soon as I can figure out how to post a profile I will post more details.  

Mar 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #270 of 543
Quote:

Source from laptop is HRT MS II, FLAC, JRiver WSAPI Event, no DSP.

KP

How is this not sucking?  I have an HRT MSii+ and everyone's been telling me it's a major source of my problems with the O2.  How are you avoiding getting a totally anemic sound and clipping on high gain?  Even the E9 blows away the O2 with my similar setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back