REVIEW: iQube vs. Diablo
Mar 17, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #16 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really?

irregardless - Definitions from Dictionary.com
irregardless - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

As said in my review:

Like also said in my review, after asking him what modifications were made to the newer units, I'm in the same boat as far as contact goes with no reply. I'll give anybody the benefit of the doubt as it is indeed the weekend, and I've had good communication through out the week, but that's NOT to be mistaken with me fully trusting the guy.

Would I buy one? Again, only if I was to be certain I was getting a fully working, latest unit. Which means, judging by many peoples history (but not all), it would either be second hand, or I would have to pay him a visit in person and hand pick it, lol. Funds permitting of course.

The Diablo is indeed a pretty unit, and it is very durable no doubt, but $520 is ALOT to ask for a portable amp with it's questionable past. Home amp, maybe not so much, but portable amp, with many other reputable vendors/options and choices at LOWER pricepoints, probably wouldn't be a purchase I'de make. But you're paying for the pretty case/machining (I'm fully aware of the costs it takes to machine a casing like the Diablo has, roughly $65 an hour to run a 4d machine cutting 6061) more than anything else.

quote from the link you posted
Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

Mar 17, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #17 of 74
Yes, but to say it's not a word is wrong. Same with saying "ain't" isn't a word is false either. Just because it's not proper doesn't mean it's false.....

You just contradicted yourself, by showing it's is used, but more casually.

But, from the second link of Merriam Webster:

Quote:

There is such a word, however.

So...YOU'RE WRONG.

Mar 17, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #18 of 74
just as a word of warning for anyone reading this review who would think of buying on eof these new or used. The case is glued shut. THe battery has been an issue for at least one headfier and Larry is MIA, a MOT looked at the unit buy could not get it open without damaging the case. So when not if your battery begins to go how are you going to replace it? This is why reviews that raise interest in this product are not a great idea in general IMHO.

Mar 17, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #19 of 74
pongshirt.gif

Nobody wins a game of circular logic.

Mar 17, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #20 of 74
Quote:

Yes, but to say it's not a word is wrong. Same with saying "ain't" isn't a word is false either. Just because it's not proper doesn't mean it's false.....

You just contradicted yourself, by showing it's is used, but more casually.

But, from the second link of Merriam Webster:

So...YOU'RE WRONG.

I give up on you, ok because a word is in common usage by idiots does not make it a word, aksdfgijay is a word if enough morons use it. Just for kicks what is the difference between regardless and irregardless, riddle me that that .

Mar 17, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #22 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just as a word of warning for anyone reading this review who would think of buying on eof these new or used. The case is glued shut. THe battery has been an issue for at least one headfier and Larry is MIA, a MOT looked at the unit buy could not get it open without damaging the case. So when not if your battery begins to go how are you going to replace it? This is why reviews that raise interest in this product are not a great idea in general IMHO.

Come on nums, what's the big deal? I mean, the battery has to be good for what, like 1 or 2 years? Who would expect a $500 amp to last that long?
wink.gif
I do enjoy how Larocco doesn't have any warranty information (that I could find anyway) on their website.

Mar 17, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #24 of 74
That issue about the battery and everything internal was posted in the review, and right under the picture of it opened...

As for the word...whatever you typed wasn't in the dictionary. Irregardless was, even if in informal usage. Hard to admit your wrong eh? Even if regardless means the same, point is, you were wrong by saying it wasn't a word, you were called on it, and were wrong. Way to be mature by making those posts. Grow up.

I would hope people would take that review as such, a word of warning. If people can't gather that from it, they are bent on buying one regardless of what ANYBODY had to say.

But it wasn't posted as a word of warning to begin with, well, not in it's entirety atleast. It was posted as a means to communicate what all the negative hype was about, as people who weren't directly involved were left in the dark wondering What the amp was about or performed like.

And now, everybody can see WHY it's a blunder, because people are getting defective units and such. Yes, I know it was the same thing people were preaching the entire time, but sometimes, you need to hear it coming from somebody who wasn't emotionally or monetarily involved. That's all my point was, and all it's ever been, to give an unbiased review on a product.

Has it ever occured to ANYBODY that some of the habits on this site actually promote bad consumerism? What does this review inhibit? It inhibits information given to a consumer to make his or her own decisions. i.e. being a better consumer with FACTS, not angry people waiving thier fists at somebody telling them not to buy a product.

Mar 17, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #25 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on nums, what's the big deal? I mean, the battery has to be good for what, like 1 or 2 years? Who would expect a $500 amp to last that long?
wink.gif
I do enjoy how Larocco doesn't have any warranty information (that I could find anyway) on their website.

"Good" Nate you are right, I really need to calm down at $500 for a paperwirght after at best 24 months is a great deal.

Mar 17, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #26 of 74
Quote:

That's all my point was, and all it's ever been, to give an unbiased review on a product.

I'll apologive up front in case I am wrong about my next sentence but is getting basically a free amp from a fellow headfier unless Larry asks for it back unbiased??

Mar 17, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #27 of 74
If the signature sound and bass boost levels of the different Diablos vary so greatly, how exactly is a review warranted? I'm in complete agreement with Tyrion, it doesn't serve anyone except you and your obvious love for being the center of controversy.

Mar 17, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #28 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the signature sound and bass boost levels of the different Diablos vary so greatly, how exactly is a review warranted? I'm in complete agreement with Tyrion, it doesn't serve anyone except you and your obvious love for being the center of controversy.

It does have merit. It shows inconsistencies in manufacturing, and unnoticed(rather, unadvertised) modifications, showing that you really have NO idea what you're getting as it could be a revision, or you may infact be getting something else off the shelf that "works". Perfect proof that peoples units from early on, even if funtioning 100%, DIFFER from those that have purchased as of late. It has merit relevancy written all over it. Why does nobody see that?

It goes back to the bad habits of this site, well, not the site, but some members. Reviews on this site, aside from a couple, are seen as cheerleading products. It's a shame that now-a-days, a product can't be reviewed on Head-Fi, without somebody assuming it's to cheerlead it. Did anybody read the disclaimer? Or what about the negatives? Oh, that's right, it's a review, it must be all positive, and since it's about the Diablo, "let's get that guy!". Please....I can smell the adolescent testosterone that's been on the backburner brewing from the immaturity in some posts.

Again, it's bad habits that people would rather point a finger rather or go based on the opinions of somebody else than sit and read and actually make a rational decision ON THIER OWN. It's a bad consumer environment for ANYBODY to cover-up information simply because it was a sour topic. Those people covering up information by not letting the topic be discussed on a mature level think they're helping the community, when realistically, they're doing nothing but hurting it by not letting the information be available for the CONSUMER to make they're own choice, good or bad. Instead, they want to make the choice for that person by outright saying it's bad, or bad mouthing the person coming forward with the information for the consumer to formulate thier opinion on.

So you donkeys go ahead and think you're preserving and protecting when in reality, all you're doing is getting the noobs to be mindless and follow whatever it is you have to say. Way to be "leaders" and promote what you're preaching.
rolleyes.gif

Now it's COMPLETELY CLEAR why many members didn't come back after the black-out....

Mar 17, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #29 of 74
I think that all of you need to grab your favorite cans, kick back in your favorite recliner, and enjoy a beer/scotch/wine and listen to some Rachmaninov or Ravel. You'll feel better in no time.
redface.gif

Mar 17, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #30 of 74
What a ridiculous waste of time, although of course I am not stupid enough to read your whole worthless "review." What the hell does the following excerpt mean?

"So, I was given this amp, under the condition of if being “mine” so to speak, but if Larry asks for it back, that I return it to him or to Larry, also with the hopes of getting a review in the mean time. It had less than 50 hours on it hence the reason it looks so new, cause essentially, it is. I WILL NOT name this person, as so not to invite PMs or other messages. Why? It's not my place to name this person and put them on the spot. If he wants to come forward he can, but it's not of my liberty to “dig his hole” as well, if that's even what would happen. But again, it's not my place."

Somebody gave you this amp in the hopes that you would write a review? Why? When you corresponded with him, did you tell Larry that you had one of the replaced units belonging to somebody else and that you were reviewing it? Can he just ask for it back if he doesn't like what you say?

And as for saying that you "opened" the Diablo, all you did was unscrew the front and back plates. Can you take out the boards and service the thing or replace the battery or whatnot? It would seem from your own words that it is impossible to do. Why bother to show this picture? What good is taking off those plates?

CIMG0011.JPG

This whole Diablo thing is such a disaster that even you should have seen the complete lack of value in your "review." Tyrion is 100% right about the pointlessness of your self-aggrandizing efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back