Review: InEar StageDiver Series
Jun 14, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #301 of 341
using Sony zx300 balanced, iphone with DF Red and direct from iphone
ZX300 has which output impedance? 2.5 ohms? Running balanced would give you 5 ohms. My iPhone measures 6 ohms output impedance. You can see what happens with the Andros in regards to OI here: http://headflux.de/campfire-audio-andromeda/
They become much brighter and the treble peak shoots through the roof. This could be what you are experiencing.

I suggest to try the same pair with a source that has the lowest OI you can find. And stick to single-ended with the stock cable. (Just to confirm.)

But if you like the VE8, SD-5 will be closer to that experience.

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #302 of 341
ZX300 has which output impedance? 2.5 ohms? Running balanced would give you 5 ohms. My iPhone measures 6 ohms output impedance. You can see what happens with the Andros in regards to OI here: http://headflux.de/campfire-audio-andromeda/
They become much brighter and the treble peak shoots through the roof. This could be what you are experiencing.

I suggest to try the same pair with a source that has the lowest OI you can find. And stick to single-ended with the stock cable. (Just to confirm.)

But if you like the VE8, SD-5 will be closer to that experience.

1.5 ohms bal, 0.75 ohms SE. and the DF red is 1 ohm, just a taste thing i suppose

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #303 of 341
So there's a seller I know that sells the prophile 8 and hes selling it for $1000 and was wondering if I should get it. But if I'm going to I'll have to sell my a couple of gears and I'm not really bothered by it but I'm not sure if I I'll like them since I can't really demo the unit. My current daily is my akg k3003 I love its openness, staging,treble sparkle, basically everything except the isolation. My preferences are towards pop, classical, jazz, house(tropical house mostly), jpop, kpop. Is it a good purchase or not?

My current iems are as follows; CA nova and polaris, noble savanna, and k3003. If I'm going to purchase it I'll have to sell all my iems except my k3003.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #305 of 341
So there's a seller I know that sells the prophile 8 and hes selling it for $1000 and was wondering if I should get it. But if I'm going to I'll have to sell my a couple of gears and I'm not really bothered by it but I'm not sure if I I'll like them since I can't really demo the unit. My current daily is my akg k3003 I love its openness, staging,treble sparkle, basically everything except the isolation. My preferences are towards pop, classical, jazz, house(tropical house mostly), jpop, kpop. Is it a good purchase or not?

My current iems are as follows; CA nova and polaris, noble savanna, and k3003. If I'm going to purchase it I'll have to sell all my iems except my k3003.

PP8 will be a lot more transparent than any of the iems you have in your current collection. it will be closest to the savanna you own in terms of character but improved all round.

Jun 16, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #306 of 341
I see thanks guys :D I think I'll be selling the three of them for $1000 hehe

Jun 16, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #307 of 341
PP8 will be a lot more transparent than any of the iems you have in your current collection. it will be closest to the savanna you own in terms of character but improved all round.
I don't really like the savanna tbh I found its bass too lean and I wish its highs were more striking.

Jun 17, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #309 of 341
I see thanks for the heads up! :)

Jul 1, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #310 of 341
OMG

KE41095.jpg

Oct 16, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #313 of 341
I´d like to upgrade sound(from Earsonics Velvet)...:)
I'm deciding to buy Inear Stagediver SD5 or AKG N-5005.
What are the differences in sound signature,separation...and so on?
Is there possible any comparsion?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #315 of 341
...any comparsion Inear Stagediver SD5 vs EarSonics S-EM9?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back