Review: id America Spark – Striking Meets Powerful
May 9, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:
excellent headphones!

[...]
they do not support my Samsung Galaxy S, i have to hold the "Play/Pause"
button pressed, otherwise the sound is distorted.
that was a bit of a bummer, but i glued the button in with super-glue and
it seems to hold...so far so good.

Glad you like them. For posterity's sake my response about the Galaxy S from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

AFAIK the Galaxy S does not support the standard iPhone headset configuration. Pretty sure you need one of these: http://www.meelec.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ADPTR-TRRS-35

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #20 of 24
Sep 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #21 of 24
I just got the Spark and am very impressed with the sound so far. Quite fast to properly give space between blast beats in extreme metal. I looked them up and saw they now are releasing a "new Spark". Anyone know anything about this new version?

Sep 22, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #22 of 24
  I just got the Spark and am very impressed with the sound so far. Quite fast to properly give space between blast beats in extreme metal. I looked them up and saw they now are releasing a "new Spark". Anyone know anything about this new version?

Hadn't heard of it until now but I'm definitely interested. Hope it's not just because of the new two-tone cord and L-plug. 

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #23 of 24
I just got a pair of the "New Spark" used off Ebay, and have no idea how much break in time they've already had. I didn't think break in affected the old Spark. However, initial listen is that the two tone cord and L-plug may be the only difference. That's not a complaint per se, I love the sound.  IMO, it is like the SHE3580 and JVC FX40 got drunk in a hot-rod and had a baby together...but maybe not as V shaped as either.

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #24 of 24
  I just got a pair of the "New Spark" used off Ebay, and have no idea how much break in time they've already had. I didn't think break in affected the old Spark. However, initial listen is that the two tone cord and L-plug may be the only difference. That's not a complaint per se, I love the sound.  IMO, it is like the SHE3580 and JVC FX40 got drunk in a hot-rod and had a baby together...but maybe not as V shaped as either.

Can't say I'm surprised, but thanks for the confirmation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back