Review: Head Direct EF1 Hybrid Headphone Amp
Apr 7, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice review, well done. Now you are a real head-fier!
biggrin.gif

PS: Everyone change head-fi to view 15 posts per page, so I am not relegated to page #2 by boomy (who snuck in before I hit send).
tongue.gif

I would like to add that I feel your loss - my father passed away Dec 2007 and I thought I was getting over it until his birthday on April 2nd.

Thanks Larry!, I tried to do a nice review again. I am glad that you liked it.

And sorry to hear about your loss. I know that it's quite hard. I get sad sometimes, but I try to avoid feeling like that. His birthday was going to be on April 11th...
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by elbuzzard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the pics on the web site have some printed message on the top panel. "hello head-fier..."
do they all have this?
kinda cheesy if you ask me.

Hi, my amp does come with that message in the cover. However, I heard that the latest models don't come with that. You should ask Fang about that matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My condolences for your father's passing away.

Thanks for taking the time to write up a very detailed and informative review. Hope you enjoy the amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, I am surely enjoying it. Altough I don't have much time for that right now, University tests are drawing near
biggrin.gif

Thanks to all of you guys for all the kind words regarding my father's death, it's greatly appreciated. I am also glad that you are liking the review
wink.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

the pics on the web site have some printed message on the top panel. "hello head-fier..."
do they all have this?

You can request for a plain perspex top cover (w/o the etched message) when you place your order with Head-direct.

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #18 of 22
Nice review, thanks for taking the time to write it.

Quote:

do they all have this?

No, it's a plain plexiglass cover since they updated it with the socketed OPAMP.

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #19 of 22
An excellent review - nice job!

Apr 10, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgillo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for such a great review (so much that I'm thinking about buying one!) and my condolences on your loss.

I am glad that you liked the review.

I am happy that Head-Direct is carrying the amp for the lowered price right now, otherwise, I might have never been able to get one soon
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the congratulations Skylab; it makes me really happy to see that both you and HeadphoneAddict liked it, because I think that both of you are incredible reviewers
redface.gif

Apr 11, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #22 of 22
After some further testing with different headphones (Yuin PK1's), I could notice the slight channel imbalance at lower volumes (around 7-8 o' clock) that some people are talking about. After turning the volume up a bit, it becomes balanced. I could only notice this with the PK1's though
confused_face.gif

I still can't hear the noise from the active volume control nor from regulating the volume knob
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back