[REVIEW] Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 and impressions thread
Aug 27, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #256 of 269
The bass on these is ridiculous. I'm enjoying them for House, Trap, and Hip-Hop/Rap so far. It'll be nice to go walking with these.

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #257 of 269
Are these seen as some of the best in their price range, especially for a hip hop and metal fan?

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #258 of 269
Are these seen as some of the best in their price range, especially for a hip hop and metal fan?

IMO pretty solid for metal/rock distorted guitar for the most part, but there's a dip somewhere in the treble that can kill some of the higher register energy occasionally (not with every track- first time I noticed this was with Deafheaven 'Dreamhouse' which sounded weirdly dull/blunted and congested) - ultimately that's why I moved on from them, though I had them in heavy rotation for quite a while.

I think it really depends on your preferences, if you love a sort of club monitor sound G10 has it. Currently I've been using the Sony N3AP a fair bit, I can't compare directly but IIRC they have more of a presence/upper-mid area v-shape that's almost similarly relaxed in treble as the G10 but doesn't quite lose the energy, though I haven't really heard enough of the current & newer models in this pricerange to know what the standouts are.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #260 of 269
Anyone here own both G10 and Alpha & Delta AD01. Can you please do a quick comparison. AD01 is my daily driver at the moment and I would like to buy a G10 if it's an upgrade to AD01.
I have owned the AD01 for a couple months now and just received the G10 today. Once I have gotten a chance to give a good listen I'll update you. If you're still wondering.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #262 of 269
I know this has been dead for a while but I got a pair the other day and I really like them a lot. I had the Artio MG7 years ago and while it was good and the bass was amazing the mids and highs left something to be desired and there was no soundstage to speak of imo. Future Sonics has really done a great job with the G10 to fix those issues. The mids and highs are much more prevalent and the soundstage is very much improved with a greater sense of space along with better imaging. Now we all know what FS headphones are known for and that's the bass and the G10 carries on that tradition perfectly with one of if not the deepest bass you'll find on any IEM today. I've gone through a couple of IEM's over the past year or so looking for a good one to use when I'm not at home and I've finally found them.

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #263 of 269
Yes, the bass is monstreus in a good way :grin:
Maybe time for me to dust them off and give them some eartime again.

Apr 7, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #264 of 269
These are still my favorite universal IEMs. I tried almost every viable option up to $1000 years ago and never found anything that matches my preferences better (slamming sub-bass without muddying mids, smooth treble).

There were a few that came close. JVC HA-FX1100 were outstanding but a little fatiguing. Noble 5 were lovely but balanced armature receivers always sound timbrally wonky to me.

The only IEM I ever found that I preferred is a custom: Future Sonics MG5HX.

It's like the G10 but cleaner, clearer, a little more balanced, and basically slightly better in every way.

That being said, I still use the Spectrum G10s quite often. I use Westone star tips on them with little spacers to help them stay on.

Just this past week, I ordered the SofterWear silicone sleeves for them.

Apr 11, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #265 of 269
I am really enjoying these a lot right now. I never listen to IEMs when I'm at home but find myself picking these up at night to use while I go to sleep.

The sound signature is exactly what I like being on the warm side with just the right amount of highs so you get the detail without them being sibilant. The mids are sitting right where they need to be and aren't recessed. Now about what FS is known for and that's the amazing bass. Mid-bass is great because it's not overly punchy and the sub-bass goes down for days, no one does it like FS does. What I really like about the Spectrum G10 is that they actually have a nice soundstage. The Artio had one of the worst ones I've heard from a premium IEM but the G10s has a nice bit of width and depth along with good imaging.

Very glad I got these and I don't know why these weren't more popular when they came out back in 2015. Seriously, anyone looking for an IEM with bass done right that also has good mids and highs you should consider the Spectrum G10. They remind me of my Audioquest Nightowl headphone but with more sub-bass.

Aug 18, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #266 of 269
These are still my favorite universal IEMs. I tried almost every viable option up to $1000 years ago and never found anything that matches my preferences better (slamming sub-bass without muddying mids, smooth treble).

There were a few that came close. JVC HA-FX1100 were outstanding but a little fatiguing. Noble 5 were lovely but balanced armature receivers always sound timbrally wonky to me.

The only IEM I ever found that I preferred is a custom: Future Sonics MG5HX.

It's like the G10 but cleaner, clearer, a little more balanced, and basically slightly better in every way.

That being said, I still use the Spectrum G10s quite often. I use Westone star tips on them with little spacers to help them stay on.

Just this past week, I ordered the SofterWear silicone sleeves for them.
How did the softerwear silicone sleeves work out? I’m looking at them. We’re they expensive?

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #267 of 269
I love the Softerwear sleeves.. They're even more comfortable than a proper custom IEM (I have Softerwear sleeves and custom Future Sonics MG5HX IEMs).

Highly recommended, although they are not cheap.

My Softerwears are stuck at my desk at work (working from home) and I killed my poor Spectrum G10s with a bad amp.

I've been meaning to look for a used pair of Spectrum G10s.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #268 of 269
I love the Softerwear sleeves.. They're even more comfortable than a proper custom IEM (I have Softerwear sleeves and custom Future Sonics MG5HX IEMs).

Highly recommended, although they are not cheap.

My Softerwears are stuck at my desk at work (working from home) and I killed my poor Spectrum G10s with a bad amp.

I've been meaning to look for a used pair of Spectrum G10s.

The potential cost is what keeps me from doing the custom tips. I honestly was going to sell them as I could never get a great fit with foamies and hated The silicone tips. I then put them over the ear with the housings upside down and voila, perfect fit! Still not 100 percent if I’ll keep them or sell them in the future.

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #269 of 269
Future Sonics's EarFills are my overall favorite tips -- of the dozens I've tried* -- but in most of the world they're hard to obtain. Also, one problem with using them with the Atrio is that the excellent seal they create can prevent the driver from moving. I don't know if the same is true of the G10, but there's no such problem with using the EarFills with the ER4SR (which uses a BA driver).

* I went through a tip-rolling phase. Let's please forget it ever happened. (Not that my wallet ever will.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back