[REVIEW] Fiio E17 - A Very Solid Little Device
Nov 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #19 of 25
Hey man! In the end I settled with E17. No regrets. I don't need the DAC, but I found out that E17 suits me better, considering I just got myself a Future Sonics Atrio M5 with MG7 drivers. Thanks for the review, helped me a bunch in making that decision. :)

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:
Great review you have there! I am actually considering of getting either E7 or E17. I am more of a basshead. Which one should I get, considering that there are no problems with budget?

I have both and I like the E17 better for Bass because it has a true Bass and Treble controls versus a 3-way switch. Seems to have a little better soundstage to me too, but that could be wishful thinking. Either way, I love it. It's the most sophisticated portable amp I've seen. I don't think there's another one made that has Bass and Treble controls plus Balance. 

May 11, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:
Thanks for the review!

Will this power the AKG Q701 and other full-sized headphones (don't know what to get yet)? Or is there another cheap amp/DAC more preferable for laptop/PC use?

I would also like to know this because im considering upgrading to akg q701 from my ad700s.
Awesome review btw, the amp is great value for money and can be used with pretty much any multimedia devices.

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:
I would also like to know this because im considering upgrading to akg q701 from my ad700s.
Awesome review btw, the amp is great value for money and can be used with pretty much any multimedia devices.

Per jasonb's recommendation of the E17, I bought this little unit.  I am impressed and very happy with the E17 with my Q701 so far.  Just make sure you get the new production batch with authenticity sticker.  These have not sit in the warehouse for too long.  The old batch might be DOA cuz the battery in them lost all power during storage.  I had to return my 1st unit from Amazon because of this problem.  I switched to a different vendor who luckily had newer stock.  Everything works great so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back