Review : Fiio E11
Jan 21, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #17 of 27
I'm not sure if anyone here has also listened to the e7 but I am trying to decide if the e11 is enough of an upgrade to shell out more cash for my setup which is all modestly priced as I am a newb.

In case anyone needs this...my portable setup right now is an iPhone 4 (saving up for a hifiman hm-801 at which point I will not need an amp most likely), fiio LOD connector (the straight connection instead of L shape) and my fiio e7.  My e7 is housed the majority of the time as my DAC for the e9 now so it would be nice to have another amp anyways.  I use my Dre Beats (I'm an extreme bass head and yes I know many consider these subpar but I enjoy the bass I get out of these anyways) and my shure se530...also if someone would like to recommend some cans that can pump out as much bass as the Beats but clearer highs and mids for a price point of about $150 - $200...but back to the topic at hand...based on my equipment is the e11 worthy of an upgrade from the e7?

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:
Hello,

Do you have some perturbations (bip, bip bip) with the FIIO E11 and mobilephone (iPhone for example when it change to WLAN, 3G, EDGE, HSDPA, etc...) ?

Thanks.

There is very little, but it is not that disturbing.
If you have experienced PA2V2, that has no shielding at all so you get all the interferences and that is really significant deal breaker to most.
If I were to give a score of 10 being PA2V2(no shielding at all) and 0 being no interference, I would give 1 to E11.

So the interference is there but its something that I can ignore.
Hopefully it is to you as well.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone here has also listened to the e7 but I am trying to decide if the e11 is enough of an upgrade to shell out more cash for my setup which is all modestly priced as I am a newb.

In case anyone needs this...my portable setup right now is an iPhone 4 (saving up for a hifiman hm-801 at which point I will not need an amp most likely), fiio LOD connector (the straight connection instead of L shape) and my fiio e7.  My e7 is housed the majority of the time as my DAC for the e9 now so it would be nice to have another amp anyways.  I use my Dre Beats (I'm an extreme bass head and yes I know many consider these subpar but I enjoy the bass I get out of these anyways) and my shure se530...also if someone would like to recommend some cans that can pump out as much bass as the Beats but clearer highs and mids for a price point of about $150 - $200...but back to the topic at hand...based on my equipment is the e11 worthy of an upgrade from the e7?

@satchboogieg3,

To answer your question, no.  The e11 will not give you the upgrade in SQ you desire.  If I am reading your post correctly, you are ultimately looking to build a portable rig on a reasonable budget with great SQ according to your style of music.  Right now, using the iPhone 4 is fine.  Even unamped going into the se530's would be perfect IMO.  Remember, it's all about the music, not the gear you use.  I've been a part of this community for 9 years and I'll tell you what I've come to learn.  It's more fun trying out different sources, amps, and headphones, than it is going straight for the best.  Just because someone says the HM801 is the best doesn't mean it would be for you or me.  I've heard and played with the 801.  To me, it's too big and not nearly as well designed as the iPhone 4.  If you haven't spent time with one, forget it for now.

If you must buy something new, I'd suggest picking up the e11.  It's about $50 through one of our sponsors (try to buy from our sponsors as they keep the site alive).  Then, I'd literally drag you to a computer and force you to buy a real pair of headphones. :)  I don't like Beats.  If you want to one day appreciate music for it's detail and synergy, you'll need a real headphone.  You won't need two subwoofers strapped to your head. :)

Seriously though, start small, buy smart (secondhand) and read reviews.  But remember, reviews are always somewhat biased.  Your better off buying the gear, spending time with it, and then deciding if YOU like it, regardless to what others may say or have you believe.  The OP has been on this site for a while.  And he has, like me, seen the light.  You don't have to pay big $ for great sound.

If you want a closed headphone (which tends to emphasize low freq - BASS) look towards the ATH-M50 ($125-$130; $100 used).  read reviews, esp. on Amazon.  Hope this has helped.

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:
good day sirs and mam, i'm planning to buy fiio E11, has anyone paired this with JVC HA FX3X? any inputs? thanks..

I have JVC HA FX1X so I am not sure if it would be same with FX3X.
But I can see they both are the same 16 Ohms.

When I connected FX1X to the E11, it actually has a significant HISS even at the lowest volume.
So I wasn't going to match them.
Also, FX1X didn't really require amping because it is much louder than regular IEMs.

Edit:
Just in case if you would ask, I tried following setup.
1. iPhone5 => Lightning Adapter => Fiio L9 => Fiio E11 => JVC HA FX1X
2. iPhone5 => Fiio L2 => Fiio E11 => JVC HA FX1X

HISS is there for both setup.

Jun 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #26 of 27
FiiO e11 is available at woot.com for 45$, is this a good deal?

Sorry to hijack the thread but would it be a good fit for me with shure e530 and v-moda m80 + iphone 5(flac/alac/320)?

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #27 of 27
How does it compare to the JDS CmoyBB v2.03 in terms of SQ? I personally preferred the design of the E11 over the candy case of the Cmoy but I prioritize SQ more than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back