[Review] EQu parametric EQ for the iPodtouch/iPhone/iPad
Feb 16, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #76 of 92
OK, I'll download Equalizer from the app store on Friday,...I'm tired of the skipping & stuttering in the EQu app,... 
mad.gif

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #77 of 92
When does it skip for you?

*Trying to shuffle a full library?
*switching to another app?

I am looking forward to the equalizer update too, though EQu is still my go to app so far.

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #78 of 92

Bumping this post, i too like being able to unplug my earphone jack and have the music stop playing.  Shigzeo, can you comment on this issue?

Quote:
Thanks for the review!  You mention that pulling the headphone plug out does not switch the player off.  I actually find this to be one of my favourite things about the iphone because I can store my earphones and switch the player off at the same time without taking my phone out of my pocket - lazy I know.  Is there a way to switch this off so it reverts to the normal behaviour of the built in ipod app?

Mar 25, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #79 of 92
WOW! Thank you for posting about this! I just downloaded EQu and the difference between just some simple EQing and flat is huge. I was never too into EQing, but after hearing this I can't go back to flat. Just grabbed Equalizer as well to see which one I like better. The app store is great for impulse buys.

I do a lot of my mobile listening using an app that I wrote that's in the app store that lets me stream music from my server so I have all my tunes with me all the time. I'd been putting off writing an EQ feature for it because I didn't do much EQing myself and just didn't think it was that important. I know what I'll be putting on my short list to code now... Especially now that I have good quality headphones (just got HD600s) and actually care more about the overall sound quality than I did before. Not to mention, the HD600s are so natural sounding (or I'm so used to bass/treble heavy headphones) that, at least for some of my music, they need to be EQed to really sound good (mostly rap, as the bass is a little light).

Mar 25, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #80 of 92
I can confirm that it does not pause the music when the headphones are removed. (As an iPhone developer) I can tell you that it needs to be specifically coded to do that, so rather than being a bug per se, they may have just forgotten/not known to code that in. There's a call back function that gets called on headphone state changes and they need to register for it and handle the change with code that pauses the music.

Quote:
Bumping this post, i too like being able to unplug my earphone jack and have the music stop playing.  Shigzeo, can you comment on this issue?

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #82 of 92
I like this app. The only two things need to be improved: battery is draining very fast and it doesn't shut off when the headphones are unplugged.

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #86 of 92
I bought the Equalizer app yesterday but unfortunately it doesnt seem to like my big playlists (1000+ songs) locking up for a long long time and crashing.

I got eQu today and it is much much better. The UI is faster and it doesnt seem to have any problems with big playlists. I also prefer the UI in general. Too bad the equalizer itself is much more limited than the Equalizer app one

All in all i'm pretty happy with eQu and will be using it from now on for my music listening.

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #88 of 92

Quote:
Guys, the new EQ software for iPhone and iPod Touch called Stereophonic puts o shame all the previous EQ ones. I have them all. Trust me.

I have a few more EQu, equalizer and stereophonic, `plus` sonicmaxpro(BBE), flacplayer (beta), ...............sonic junky equalizer, capriccio, power ear RT-equalizer, 10 band EQ, GEQ remote, amplitube (not really eq), 3d music player pro(meh), SRS Labs- MyTunes.
I have most of them. So........Trust me :wink:.

Quote:
EQu, Equalizer and Stereophonic.

EQu has a beautiful sound color but depletes the battery HORRIBLY, Equalizer did not suit me and it freezes horribly. Stereophonic is awesome on all fronts and does not consume battery energy the way the other two do. Cheers.

Ah yes, I have those three also.

I prefer flacplayer (new beta version)  and sonicmaxpro these days.

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #89 of 92

Quote:

Ah yes, I have those three also.

I prefer flacplayer (new beta version)  and sonicmaxpro these days.

WOWZA! I'm gonna buy he BBE one now (Sonic Maxpro). Awesomeness.
I don't care for playing FLAC on iPod, so I'm not going to consider the complicated downloading process of the Flacplayer you mentioned. I'll play the FLAC files on my en-route Colorfly C4 :)

Thanks

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #90 of 92
Thanks to this thread, I have been using EQu for the past few days and just purchased Sonic Max Pro. I'm having a really hard time getting rid of the distortion in certain vocals when I play back my 4th gen iPod Touch through my car's system at high volumes. The most noticeable is the lead singer of Chevelle... unfortunately, they are one of my favorite bands, but his voice constantly distorts. Any thoughts?

1st post, by the way, so take it easy on me please! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back