[Review] EQu parametric EQ for the iPodtouch/iPhone/iPad
Feb 11, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #61 of 92

Quote:
Using EQu, I'd like a bar to move forward with the song. Right now I have to hear everything from the start like an 8-track. It also skips when I turn the screen off, whether or not other apps are open, so I have to keep it on and if I put it in my pocket, I can accidentally change the equalizer or whatever.

FYI: For all of you having issues w/skipping and such: There's an option in EQu to contact them and report any bugs, as well as make requests for future updates. Give them feedback & we can make this the best darn EQ app for the iPhone/touch - PERIOD!!!

Feb 12, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #62 of 92

Whether on normal music ipod mode or EQu app mode, before putting my touch into my pocket (no jokes please :wink:) -I push the sleep/lock button and leave my playlist on rotation. Taking it out If I want to skip a song that day.

Do you have the recent touch firmware and EQu updates also geruvah? - Those are meant to solve some issues.

Emailed the EQu developer via his website today.

Feb 12, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #63 of 92

Quote:
Quote:
Equalizer is more accurate and more in depth than EQu, but EQu is just a lot more practical and still solid. 

Ah, I was trying to find the right words, but you have summed up my thoughts.

Yes, I agree as well, EQu is somehow just more 'usable' to me. And FWIW I have had zero problems with skipping or battery usage. 

But we're lucky to have two choices... as was suggested earlier, at $2.99 each there's no reason not to try them both.

Feb 12, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #64 of 92
Copy/Pasted from another thread:

After my initial amazement has passed, I've realized that the Cowon D2 has a "slight" edge on the EQu app in 1 particular area,...and that's VOLUME!!! The EQ settings are both great, and I personally prefer the low end of the EQu'd iPhone, but it's still slightly low w/my HP's. Even when the "Headroom" is switched to "Loud", the D2 is still the king of driving larger, more power hungry headphones.

Either way you look at it, SQ wise, Rockbox, Cowon, and EQu are all pretty even when it comes to SQ nowadays. The only difference between them is the Cowon driving power. The iPod touch & iPhone all have the little (major actually) extras.

Feb 12, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #66 of 92
As I've mentioned in another thread, no amp for me - ever!!! That's not what a "portable" listening rig is to me. Player+HP=RIG.

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #67 of 92
I've only been considering an amp with the Touch because I hate the relatively big volume steps the player makes. 

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #68 of 92

Quote:
I've only been considering an amp with the Touch because I hate the relatively big volume steps the player makes. 

That does make sense IMO. Me, I'd rather get an in-line volume control.

Feb 14, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #70 of 92

I'm currently emailing back and forth w/Victor @elephantcandy about the skipping during playback, and possibly getting "replaygain" added to the EQu's settings.

It might help if some others helped by emailing then via the built-in email contact feature in the EQu app itself. The more people that contact them, the more they'll realize the power they hold w/the iPod touch/iPhone community - and the faster they'll bring this thing up to snuff.

Work as a team people, get together on this - 1 person makes a difference, a whole community makes a movement!!!

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #72 of 92
Justed wanted to give a heads up with regards to a new update coming to Equalizer:
I noticed alot of you are adding all songs to the playlist. While there seems to be a hard limit of around 3600 songs there is no other limitation. Now Equalizer checks on start up if all songs from your previous playlist are still on the device. This is unfortunatly slow because of Apple's clunky way of allowing us to do it.
In the next update you will get a count down in the launch screen so you know what the app is doing: checking your songs.
Personally I think the playlist in Equalizer is even superior to the iPod app since you can modify the order on the fly. For me personally, that's a big deal and I use Equalizer every day.
You'll also get a central control panel for playlist manipulation, seek in file (including elapsed and remaining time) As well as play/stop and skip.
Oh and you can lock the frequencies in the curve screen to only adjust gain once you have your frequencies dialed in.

So that's coming up in the next few days. I am listening to these threads very closely and am already working on the next update :)

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #73 of 92

Quote:
Justed wanted to give a heads up with regards to a new update coming to Equalizer:
I noticed alot of you are adding all songs to the playlist. While there seems to be a hard limit of around 3600 songs there is no other limitation. Now Equalizer checks on start up if all songs from your previous playlist are still on the device. This is unfortunatly slow because of Apple's clunky way of allowing us to do it.
In the next update you will get a count down in the launch screen so you know what the app is doing: checking your songs.
Personally I think the playlist in Equalizer is even superior to the iPod app since you can modify the order on the fly. For me personally, that's a big deal and I use Equalizer every day.
You'll also get a central control panel for playlist manipulation, seek in file (including elapsed and remaining time) As well as play/stop and skip.
Oh and you can lock the frequencies in the curve screen to only adjust gain once you have your frequencies dialed in.

So that's coming up in the next few days. I am listening to these threads very closely and am already working on the next update
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for your work!
L3000.gif

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #74 of 92
NICE! I've converted a few non-audiophiles after they got interested in seeing the interface and heard the difference with manipulating the eq.

Quote:

So that's coming up in the next few days. I am listening to these threads very closely and am already working on the next update
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back