Review: EarWerkz Legend Omega and Legend R - With Comparisons
Jun 4, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #168 of 217

Hey bro, hope you get the faceplates on your Omegas sorted out soon. They really are awesome. I spent over 2 hours just trying these gems today, and I must say, I'm very impressed with what I'm hearing. The bass on the Omega is truly breathtaking. For a BA IEM, they sound fantastic - excellent texture, punch, sub-bass extension and overall presentation. Combined with the prominent and sparkly treble, the Omega sounds absolutely wonderful with my favorite genre - EDM. Think I'm sold on them! 
cool.gif

Yes, and the mid-range are just as good! It is very hard to nitpick on the Omegas for what they do, the tonality is also spot-on, not too subdued like the Westones nor aggressive like the JH13s. I liked how the O.R.C adds magic to the entire sound, not just bass; it gives a nice body and decay to its note and the bass improvement might be subtle for regular mid-bass lovers.

But i think just like what you say, the cohesive cross-over tuning and the natural, visceral texturing lands the Omega a sweet spot between being engaging and soothing smooth. Anyone who has fussy sound preference and is looking to get their first TOTL Flagship Custom Iems should definitely try these out!

(P.S. I hope your wife approves for the Omega!
etysmile.gif
popcorn.gif
)

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #169 of 217
  wait, they come with a t-shirt now?

My bad for the confusing angle
tongue.gif

That was a little, recyclable tote bag which is part of what comes with the shipment. Could do some great use as a reusable shopping bag on the next grocery trip.
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #170 of 217

Hey Guys, mine has finally reached my hands! But i will need to send them back soon because the faceplate might need some adjustments for my Flash cable to fit in, Calvin's sending in his own set of Omega and Flash to Jack so that Jack can have a better understanding of what needs to be done for these (and most probably any shapes of subsequent ones) to fit in.

Fit and comfort is better than my JH13, and despite limited to only the stock quad cable; I am liking what i hear out of the box before the 50hours burn-in! I shall give them the 50-hours grilling and hope i can give some impressions if the time to send them back to Jack hasn't come by then! Cheers!

Enjoy em!
I see that you got a square soft case, I remember the round one from the Legend R pics. Was the 1010 Pelican case inside the soft one?

Hey bro, hope you get the face plates on your Omegas sorted out soon. They really are awesome. I spent over 2 hours just trying these gems today, and I must say, I'm very impressed with what I'm hearing. The bass on the Omega is truly breathtaking. For a BA IEM, they sound fantastic - excellent texture, punch, sub-bass extension and overall presentation. Combined with the prominent and sparkly treble, the Omega sounds absolutely wonderful with my favorite genre - EDM. Think I'm sold on them! 
cool.gif

Taking into account it was just 2 hours, how did it fare coming from owning the K10?

---

Hoping my impressions arrive in Georgia this week safe and sound ^^
I'm most likely gonna pass on the BTG cable. And only order a custom cable once my Omega arrives so I know the socket room dimensions for sure.
While I wanted an 8 wire cable in flat braid (L/R flat too), like PlusSound or Brimar offers, I fear they might be too heavy for iem use.
My other concern is the 4 quad type cables, where at the L/R, the 2 wire helix twist might unravel like in some pics I've noticed (Earwerkz Pro Series or the stock JHA on the Rox/Ang/Layl).
The BTG twisting seems loose while on the Super BaX it looks to be tight twists that might resist unraveling more. Hope this made sense for those reading...

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #171 of 217
There is over molding on the BTG wire, so it shouldn't untwist. Other hand made cables should have heas shrink applied to prevent untwisting.

I've owned many custom cables from various makers- BTG, PlusSound, Whiplash, Norne, FBI, etc, and I've never had any untwist. I'm sure if they did, any of those guys would have fixed it under warranty or fixed for a nominal cost.

I'm sure stock cables have a certain percentage of unraveling. Not surprising.

I've had some 8 core braids and I'm not a fan of it for iem use. It's beautiful no doubt but the bulk is a turn off for me. I use the BTG on my Legend and a PlusSound X Series on my UERM. Thinner, more flexible cables matter more to my preferences.

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #172 of 217

Hey Guys, mine has finally reached my hands! But i will need to send them back soon because the faceplate might need some adjustments for my Flash cable to fit in, Calvin's sending in his own set of Omega and Flash to Jack so that Jack can have a better understanding of what needs to be done for these (and most probably any shapes of subsequent ones) to fit in.

Fit and comfort is better than my JH13, and despite limited to only the stock quad cable; I am liking what i hear out of the box before the 50hours burn-in! I shall give them the 50-hours grilling and hope i can give some impressions if the time to send them back to Jack hasn't come by then! Cheers!

Great pictures and thoughts regarding the Omega, kendric!  

As for the PW Flash cable not fitting very well, I empathize with you since the PW Flash that I used wasn't fitting very well either.  The left cable was a great fit, but since the right side custom acrylic molding was slightly more prominent than the left side, I wasn't able to get a secure enough connection on the right side.  Since there are a plethora of different type of cable connectors, I knew that not every connector will be best for the recessed socket, and didn't want to send in the Omega and wait on a change that may take some time to implement.  Instead of trying to get the recessed socket (that works well with slimmer connectors) changed, my solution was to trim the cable connectors (right angle) themselves.  The PW Flash is not mine to keep, so I did not make any changes to it, however my Silver Litz that uses the exact right angle recessed socket connector as the PW Flash had the same connection issues, and was able to make it fit into the recessed socket securely with a trim of the right angle side of the connector.

Here's a picture of me trimming my right angle connector attached to my Silver Litz:

Glad you are liking what you hear out of the box.  May you enjoy them even more as time goes on!

Hey bro, hope you get the faceplates on your Omegas sorted out soon. They really are awesome. I spent over 2 hours just trying these gems today, and I must say, I'm very impressed with what I'm hearing. The bass on the Omega is truly breathtaking. For a BA IEM, they sound fantastic - excellent texture, punch, sub-bass extension and overall presentation. Combined with the prominent and sparkly treble, the Omega sounds absolutely wonderful with my favorite genre - EDM. Think I'm sold on them! 
cool.gif

Nice to see you and your thoughts on the Omega, Malevolent.  I'm glad that people are liking what they hear regarding the Omega, as being the first to give opinions about the final version's sound can always be risky if no one hasn't heard it themselves, but I am glad to know that people that are listening to the final version are liking what they hear.  People should definitely listen to it first before coming to preconceived conclusions.  Regarding your thoughts, I'm glad you like the bass, as well as the rest of the sound the Omega presents!  I agree, the bass is truly breathtaking.  Every other facet just makes the Omega that much sweeter.  The Omega custom version is bound to enhance every facet compared to the demo version also.

Since you may be sold on them, what color(s) shells and faceplates would you choose?  

Hope to have you as a part of the EarWerkz family!

My bad for the confusing angle
tongue.gif

That was a little, recyclable tote bag which is part of what comes with the shipment. Could do some great use as a reusable shopping bag on the next grocery trip.
biggrin.gif

The tote bag looks great, as does the updated soft case.  Nice touches.

Enjoy em!
I see that you got a square soft case, I remember the round one from the Legend R pics. Was the 1010 Pelican case inside the soft one?

Taking into account it was just 2 hours, how did it fare coming from owning the K10?

---

Hoping my impressions arrive in Georgia this week safe and sound ^^
I'm most likely gonna pass on the BTG cable. And only order a custom cable once my Omega arrives so I know the socket room dimensions for sure.
While I wanted an 8 wire cable in flat braid (L/R flat too), like PlusSound or Brimar offers, I fear they might be too heavy for iem use.
My other concern is the 4 quad type cables, where at the L/R, the 2 wire helix twist might unravel like in some pics I've noticed (Earwerkz Pro Series or the stock JHA on the Rox/Ang/Layl).
The BTG twisting seems loose while on the Super BaX it looks to be tight twists that might resist unraveling more. Hope this made sense for those reading...

The EarWerkz lineup comes with only the new soft (with protective foam inside) case currently.

As long as you shipped the impressions in some type of protection (like plastic bubble wrap), you shouldn't have anything to fret about.

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #173 of 217
I'm looking forward to reading @jelt2359  impressions!  I'm working my way up to buying these, but need to see some more comparisons before I get married....err, get customs.  
  Specifically, the W500 is tantalizing with its Dynamic bass.  But, I love my mids like FAD Heaven's.   SE5 seems to get rave reviews also....  choices, choices...

Anyone want to trade for JH16FP's?!  Sounds like everybody is very happy with their purchase; which I suppose is a good thing 
wink_face.gif

Enjoy these for me, guys.  Someday I might be part of the fam!

Jun 4, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #174 of 217
moedawg, does ted know his connectors don't fit properly?

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #175 of 217
  moedawg, does ted know his connectors don't fit properly?

The fitting of certain connectors is a custom(s) issue.  For some people it may fit perfectly without any trimming needed.  My left side fit a lot better than my right side because my right side had more acrylic behind faceplate amount than my left side.  

I have discussed with Ted regarding my fitment issue.  For those that do not want to trim the right angled recessed connector, any connector that has around 4mm (maybe more based on custom acrylic behind faceplate amount) recessed clearance should suffice.  He sent me a photo of a recessed barrel connector and I let him know that if it has around 4mm recessed clearance, it should fit without issue.

I'll be explaining the entire process more in depth in the upcoming Silver Litz with comparison review.

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #176 of 217

I've received the OMEGA today! Only tried it on a few pop song and I can definitely feel the bass hitting harder, without muddying the sound, the separation is still superb. I was worried about the added bass will have a negative impact on the presentation of the R's mid, however it turns out my worry is totally unnecessary, the OMEGA's mid still shines with a smooth and rich presentation. Will listen to it over the weekend and share more later.

I'm also having problem on the recessed socket, my custom cable (OCAu from Taiwan) could not fit, the barrel plug is too big to fit with the shell, I'm might try to trim it or change the barrel plug into a slim one. 

Also I want to give a shout out to Earwerkz for the new soft case, it provide better protection to the phone and even got a bigger compartment than the previous circle case!

More images here,
http://imgur.com/a/fRxau

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #177 of 217

I've received the OMEGA today! Only tried it on a few pop song and I can definitely feel the bass hitting harder, without muddying the sound, the separation is still superb. I was worried about the added bass will have a negative impact on the presentation of the R's mid, however it turns out my worry is totally unnecessary, the OMEGA's mid still shines with a smooth and rich presentation. Will listen to it over the weekend and share more later.

I'm also having problem on the recessed socket, my custom cable (OCAu from Taiwan) could not fit, the barrel plug is too big to fit with the shell, I'm might try to trim it or change the barrel plug into a slim one. 

Also I want to give a shout out to Earwerkz for the new soft case, it provide better protection to the phone and even got a bigger compartment than the previous circle case!

More images here,

i agree to what you say regarding the new soft case. i been using it for nearly a month now, i am very happy with it. it not only light, strong and firm, it is small enough to even put it into my pocket to carry it around easily 

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #178 of 217

More images here,

Congrats!  Your Omega looks like a person can get lost as they are gazing at what's inside of the clear acrylic housing, through and through.  

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your custom cable and the recessed socket.  Happy to hear that you have thought of two solutions.  You can change the barrel plug to a slim one, as that will work with no issue.  Not sure if you would have to send it in and wait and/or would have to pay additional fees to enlist the connector changing service to be effectuated.  The for sure free method (or minimal razor knife/blade cost) is the other solution you mentioned - trimming the barrel connector.  Trimming the barrel connector shouldn't be too difficult, just make sure to protect your fingers and thumbs, use a sharp razor, like an X-ACTO knife and/or blade.  Take your time by cutting a small amount at a time until you are content.  You can cut approximately halfway (or less), remove the cut section, then cut again and again so you don't go too deep at any given time.

Very nice initial impressions regarding your Omega.  I agree with you that the bass hits harder (and has more texture and airy qualities) and that the mids still shine with the smooth and rich presentation.  It's definitely a different type of phenomena compared to most every IEM that I've ever heard.  The culmination of the internal Linum Litz wiring used, amount and utilization of crossovers, O.R.C., tuning, and other implementations surely provide the cohesive and utterly sublime sound signature and smile-inducing feeling that is the Legend Omega.

Jun 5, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #179 of 217

I prefer the midrange on the K10 - it is lush and prominent, but not weighty or congested. The Legend Omega almost matches the K10 here, but I'm still a bigger fan of the K10's vocal presentation. Treble on the K10 is just as extended and smooth as those on the Omega; I think the K10 bests the Omega in absolute clarity, though, but only by a hair. However, it is in the bass department that the Omega comes out in front, easily besting the K10 in control, texture, decay, impact and extension. In short, one of the best lows I've heard in a BA-based IEM. Mind you, this is no easy feat, considering the K10's prowess in just about every department.

Suffice to say, I was impressed enough to take the plunge. I'll be ordering my Omegas tonight.

Nice to see you and your thoughts on the Omega, Malevolent.  I'm glad that people are liking what they hear regarding the Omega, as being the first to give opinions about the final version's sound can always be risky if no one hasn't heard it themselves, but I am glad to know that people that are listening to the final version are liking what they hear.  People should definitely listen to it first before coming to preconceived conclusions.  Regarding your thoughts, I'm glad you like the bass, as well as the rest of the sound the Omega presents!  I agree, the bass is truly breathtaking.  Every other facet just makes the Omega that much sweeter.  The Omega custom version is bound to enhance every facet compared to the demo version also.

Since you may be sold on them, what color(s) shells and faceplates would you choose?  

Hope to have you as a part of the EarWerkz family!

Yeah, to be honest, I thought the hype was strong with the Omega. You'd have to forgive those who thought that way - after all, hyperbole is usually strong with new TOTL releases.
wink.gif
 However, thanks to a myriad reviews and impressions, including yours, I was convinced to give them a fair shake, and boy, was I impressed. In the bass department, at least, they easily bested so many other CIEMs I tried on the same day - K10, Roxanne, V8, A12, A10, Legend R, et al.

I'm definitely sold on them, and I'll be placing my order later tonight. I love the green envy shells, but I might go for dark translucent black shells with opaque black faceplates instead. They sure look pretty!

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #180 of 217

...Yeah, to be honest, I thought the hype was strong with the Omega. You'd have to forgive those who thought that way - after all, hyperbole is usually strong with new TOTL releases.
wink.gif
 However, thanks to a myriad reviews and impressions, including yours, I was convinced to give them a fair shake, and boy, was I impressed. In the bass department, at least, they easily bested so many other CIEMs I tried on the same day - K10, Roxanne, V8, A12, A10, Legend R, et al.

I'm definitely sold on them, and I'll be placing my order later tonight. I love the green envy shells, but I might go for dark translucent black shells with opaque black faceplates instead. They sure look pretty!

Welcome to the family!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back