Review: EarWerkz Legend Omega and Legend R - With Comparisons
May 22, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #136 of 217

Congrats to you, Cagin! 

Jack is a great guy, glad you got to speak with him.  Tirelessly working to respond and take care of the customer!

I remember you wanting to go with the Green Envy color, and the Purple color should look amazing as well!  Yes, any Crystal color will be easier to look at the components, as a lot of manufacturers will not use shell colors where you are able to see in the inside components.

I was thinking about the Estron Linum Super BaX cable as well, but for Estron's asking price for one,  I will wait until I read reviews, or better yet, audition one myself to determine if it's right for me.  I'm sure others will discuss the BTG, and I will as well once I receive it in the near future.

Glad that you feel like a weight has been lifted off you, really happy to hear that.  5 months of research as well, and your first?  Very nice.  I heard you were going to get the Noble Savant.  With the Legend Omega, you know how many drivers you are paying for.  I hope you'll enjoy the Legend Omega.  I would say, in my opinion, that the Legend Omega is only a steppingstone if you are stepping straight to the top!

You have came, saw... and conquered:

Talking about cables, i also opted for Music Sanctuary's cable upgrade bundle which is exclusive for the 2 Legends, only for a small fraction of it's retail price, seems too good of a deal to let it go so i jumped on it.

It's this one!

http://www.music-sanctuary.com/collections/pw-audio/products/pwaudio-the-flash-silver-8-conductor

It's the 8 conductor version of Flash Cable, i remembered you had the chance to try the flash cable with the Legend also.

Did you tried the 4 or 8 conductor version and how's it with the Omega (since i noticed your commentary about the Flash is in regards more to the pairing with the R)

Thanks a lot in advance!

May 22, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #137 of 217
Talking about cables, i also opted for Music Sanctuary's cable upgrade bundle which is exclusive for the 2 Legends, only for a small fraction of it's retail price, seems too good of a deal to let it go so i jumped on it.

It's this one!

http://www.music-sanctuary.com/collections/pw-audio/products/pwaudio-the-flash-silver-8-conductor

It's the 8 conductor version of Flash Cable, i remembered you had the chance to try the flash cable with the Legend also.

Did you tried the 4 or 8 conductor version and how's it with the Omega (since i noticed your commentary about the Flash is in regards more to the pairing with the R)

Thanks a lot in advance!

The Flash has coaxial wires, which means every wire has 2 conductors. Moedawg tried the 2-wire (4 conductor) sample sent to EarWerkz. Yours is a 4-wire (8 conductor). You will get The Flash on top of the stock EarWerkz Quad cable.

May 23, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #138 of 217
My Supra & Legend Omega arrived yesterday.. Been using them quite a bit since.. I'll have some preliminary thoughts on both soon.  The Omega is really interesting.. you would think the ORC would be all I want to talk about but there's much more going on in the O than a different bass presentation.. I'm talking about the mids and treble.. and, IMO so far.. it's all for the better.  I sense the new crossover design has something to do with this.  Also, resolution is even better.  More coming asap.  Teaser?  IMO so far (and this is subject to change), I think the Omega is better than the -R.

May 23, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #139 of 217
  My Supra & Legend Omega arrived yesterday.. Been using them quite a bit since.. I'll have some preliminary thoughts on both soon.  The Omega is really interesting.. you would think the ORC would be all I want to talk about but there's much more going on in the O than a different bass presentation.. I'm talking about the mids and treble.. and, IMO so far.. it's all for the better.  I sense the new crossover design has something to do with this.  Also, resolution is even better.  More coming asap.  Teaser?  IMO so far (and this is subject to change), I think the Omega is better than the -R.

Very interesting. Can't wait to hear more!

May 23, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #140 of 217

May 23, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #141 of 217
Had the opportunity to get the Beat Audio Supernova cable yesterday. But sadly the shop had only the recessed type 2 pin connector, and I didn't want it to look like the Norne Vorpal + Legend R photo. Want it to be flush against the faceplate.

May 23, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #142 of 217
moedawg140

Couple questions on your review:

1. How long had you been listening to the Omega before writing it?
2. How long did you spend on each comparison?
3. Do you own the Omega?
4. How long did you listen to the A12 for?. Duo you own a custom of those?

Thank you.
I'm basically betting the farm on one custom this year and, although it will be impossible to go'wrong' with the ones I'm choosing from, I'd like to feel confident I'm getting the best at the best value!

May 23, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #143 of 217
  Had the opportunity to get the Beat Audio Supernova cable yesterday. But sadly the shop had only the recessed type 2 pin connector, and I didn't want it to look like the Norne Vorpal + Legend R photo. Want it to be flush against the faceplate.

I remember when I demoed the Beat Audio "Silver Sonic MKV" cable MMCX version (I have a picture of the cable attached to my SE846 in the 2014 L.A. Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread), I liked the sound of it compared to my stock cable and Silver Litz.  Interesting because I found out that even though it looks silver, it isn't completely silver, it's SPC.  I was going to purchase one, but customer service could have been better, and I didn't see the Silver Sonic as a replacement to my already blissful sounding Silver Litz cable.

May 23, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #144 of 217

I remember when I demoed the Beat Audio "Silver Sonic MKV" cable MMCX version (I have a picture of the cable attached to my SE846 in the 2014 L.A. Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread), I liked the sound of it compared to my stock cable and Silver Litz.  Interesting because I found out that even though it looks silver, it isn't completely silver, it's SPC.  I was going to purchase one, but customer service could have been better, and I didn't see the Silver Sonic as a replacement to my already blissful sounding Silver Litz cable.

I do wish Beat Audio would provide the specs of their cables. I didn't know Silver Sonic was spc..

Off the Silver Sonic MKV page: Quote:
  Description
From its name, you can tell this is the fifth generation of our ever popular Silver Sonic cable. Many have bought the Silver Sonic MKV due to its stunning all silver appearance, and later realized it sounds as good as it looks! Silver sound and silver look all come in an affordable price, which makes our Silver Sonic MKV the most popular choice among our Beat Audio cables. Of course, it comes with our pre-shaped ear bent, tangle-free sleeve and bullet-proof build quality just like any other Beat Audio cable.

Their Signal cable also caught my eye, the purple or green cable could be a nice visual match with either Green Envy or Purple Omega. But I just don't know enough about aftermarket cables in general to make a reasonable call from afar without trying myself

May 23, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #145 of 217
  I do wish Beat Audio would provide the specs of their cables. I didn't know Silver Sonic was spc..

Their Signal cable also caught my eye, the purple or green cable could be a nice visual match with either Green Envy or Purple Omega. But I just don't know enough about aftermarket cables in general to make a reasonable call from afar without trying myself

Yeah, I wish they did as well.  Cable specs are important to know - especially finding out if you'll be paying for a copper cable or otherwise, where the copper elemental material is usually less costly for the manufacturer than silver elemental material.

Once the BTG arrives at my doorstep, I will add it to the upcoming review, but I will say that Ted's Silver Litz cable (headphonelounge.com) is an overall awesome cable to purchase, with refreshing no-nonsense customer service.

May 23, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #147 of 217
  might be interested in ted cable in the future as well, what is the damage for it including shipping?

went to his site before, but it look quite confusing and with lot of paypal purchase option there. haha

The price of his cables depends on the elemental materials used, input connectors and jacks, length of cable(s) being purchased, etcetera.  

Best way to find out specific prices based on your specific wants/needs is to contact him via email (tedallen0220@gmail.com).

May 25, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #148 of 217
Congrats to you, Cagin! 

Jack is a great guy, glad you got to speak with him.  Tirelessly working to respond and take care of the customer!

I remember you wanting to go with the Green Envy color, and the Purple color should look amazing as well!  Yes, any Crystal color will be easier to look at the components, as a lot of manufacturers will not use shell colors where you are able to see in the inside components.

I was thinking about the Estron Linum Super BaX cable as well, but for Estron's asking price for one,  I will wait until I read reviews, or better yet, audition one myself to determine if it's right for me.  I'm sure others will discuss the BTG, and I will as well once I receive it in the near future.

Glad that you feel like a weight has been lifted off you, really happy to hear that.  5 months of research as well, and your first?  Very nice.  I heard you were going to get the Noble Savant.  With the Legend Omega, you know how many drivers you are paying for.  I hope you'll enjoy the Legend Omega.  I would say, in my opinion, that the Legend Omega is only a steppingstone if you are stepping straight to the top!
an example of a pros and cons of the Omega: part of me wish it had a wider separation and headstage, like the Adel or the Layla, more depth and laid back. But then I also tend to listen to ASMR quite often, and there the acclaimed intimate, forward, creamy mids and vocals will be the most praised aspects.
As long as the headstage and separation is as good as my ZA Duozas and I don't get a sense of congestion in post-hardcore/rock tracks with 3 guitars playing at once, I'll be more than pleased.

My impressions mail package had 350gr limit, so I could sneak in a bar of organic Belgian chocolate for Jack and his team. I just hope it will make it past the U.S. Customs and post office in one piece! :xf_eek:

I can't stop rethinking about the color choice. Purple's my favorite clothing color yet I'm still Tempted to go back to full Green Envy. I mean when I think of it, all the photos are macro shots. My ear concha's the size smaller than a 5 euro cent coin. I probably won't even be able to see much in there.
I know purple ain't exactly a conservative color anyway, but there's something about that Green Envy. Whenever I see a car in the street with a vibrant color such as that green I'm thankful of the owner for adding color back to the city. Too much concrete, asphalt, metal, you know? That Green Envy feels like bringing a bit of nature's palette back.

view from my room on this Monday mornin

May 25, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #149 of 217
@FlySweep

Any more impressions and comparisons?  Inquiring mind REALLY wants to know
popcorn.gif

May 26, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #150 of 217
an example of a pros and cons of the Omega: part of me wish it had a wider separation and headstage, like the Adel or the Layla, more depth and laid back. But then I also tend to listen to ASMR quite often, and there the acclaimed intimate, forward, creamy mids and vocals will be the most praised aspects.
As long as the headstage and separation is as good as my ZA Duozas and I don't get a sense of congestion in post-hardcore/rock tracks with 3 guitars playing at once, I'll be more than pleased.

My impressions mail package had 350gr limit, so I could sneak in a bar of organic Belgian chocolate for Jack and his team. I just hope it will make it past the U.S. Customs and post office in one piece! :xf_eek:

I can't stop rethinking about the color choice. Purple's my favorite clothing color yet I'm still Tempted to go back to full Green Envy. I mean when I think of it, all the photos are macro shots. My ear concha's the size smaller than a 5 euro cent coin. I probably won't even be able to see much in there.
I know purple ain't exactly a conservative color anyway, but there's something about that Green Envy. Whenever I see a car in the street with a vibrant color such as that green I'm thankful of the owner for adding color back to the city. Too much concrete, asphalt, metal, you know? That Green Envy feels like bringing a bit of nature's palette back.

view from my room on this Monday mornin

How about owning the best of both worlds by purchasing both Green Envy and Purple colors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back