Review: EarWerkz Legend Omega and Legend R - With Comparisons
May 20, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #121 of 217
  my legend r

Now that is one nice "cleared out" Legend R!  Very nice.  

I like how you can see all of the drivers, wires, and tidy handiwork of the entire housings as well.  When someone asks you "what's in your IEM?", you can show them and they can count the driver goodness.

Enjoy your masterpiece!

May 20, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #122 of 217
there another reason i choose this, as i have another set of green/red with clear shell supra. they look great but the problem is that the color they came with is totally different from the color on earwerkz sample color photoshop page. 

although i like the color which i get with my supra, but i do not wish to have surprise and end up do not like the color. i told jack about this and i wish he can change all his sample shell color to more realistic one.

May 20, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #123 of 217

there another reason i choose this, as i have another set of green/red with clear shell supra. they look great but the problem is that the color they came with is totally different from the color on earwerkz sample color photoshop page. 

although i like the color which i get with my supra, but i do not wish to have surprise and end up do not like the color. i told jack about this and i wish he can change all his sample shell color to more realistic one.

Yeah, I understand how you feel about that.  Once more customers post their pictures of their EarWerkz products, there will be a more comprehensible portfolio of different color shells and faceplates in the 'real world'.

I do like the color green and red as well, it's like you get a Christmas present every day!  :bigsmile_face:

May 21, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #124 of 217
Here is a pic of my pink Legend R, can't post image yet so I'll link it 
bigsmile_face.gif

http://i.imgur.com/3JqLMl9.jpg

and now I'm waiting for the OMEGA, gotta pair it with gold plated silver cable when it arrives 
darthsmile.gif

May 21, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #128 of 217
Congrats to you, kendric! I remember when I saw the Legend R demo with the clear shells for the first time. I was in amazement of how neatly placed all of the drivers were. Counting them was interesting as well because I had to rotate the demo around to see all of the drivers! The Litz wire construction and placement is immaculate and still boggles the mind about the level of craftsmanship that went into each C/IEM.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Omega when it arrives and if you don't mind, impressions (especially after the Omega is burned in [~50 hours and more]).

Thanks a lot! Impressions might come somewhere next month.
  Just got confirmation from Jack that my new Omegas will ship next Monday. Can't wait to experience the new sound with the BTGs.
Yea!

A lil related to the reply on the top; Headtrip it seems our batch is the one and same! However my next rest day from work would sadly be a week right after. Plus i will probably grind the 50hours slowly (5~8 hours a day when i go to sleep). So sum it up the impressions won't be here any much soon (plus if i am in a sober, neutral state to give a nice A/B with the JH13s and the FX850s)

But i am looking forward to it!

May 21, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #129 of 217
Here is a pic of my pink Legend R, can't post image yet so I'll link it :bigsmile_face:
http://i.imgur.com/3JqLMl9.jpg

and now I'm waiting for the OMEGA, gotta pair it with gold plated silver cable when it arrives :darthsmile:  

Very nice, really like to see the look of your pink Legend R "in-the-wild". If you don't mind, I uploaded/posted the pictures for you:

mine supra with linum

One of my favorite cable and IEM combinations - gorgeous with the incognito faceplates! I prefer the BaX with the Supra, and the stock Pro Series cable or a silver (Litz) cable with the other EarWerkz C/IEMs.

May 21, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #130 of 217
Jack Vang's a terrific guy. Omnipresent swift responses, always available. Dunno how he pulls it off.

Took the plunge, ordered one too. My Omega will be themed:

Got the green lights for my impressions, shipping them off tomorrow.

I really thought I'd go with Green Envy all along. But I noticed it had a bit of misty veil, a sort of grain adding opacity, whereas purple was closer to translucent blue, easier to look at the components.

How do you guys like the BTG Starlight cable so far? Read in the other thread about its average microphonics rating.
I've signed up for the Estron Linum Super Bax 100x limited edition waiting list.  Is the normal BaX too hissy ? I plan to use my Omega with the ZX2, no extra amp.
I noticed the ultra light cable on Noble Audio's site to be almost a copy of the Linum specwise, maybe Wagnus can make a custom of that so won't have to wait Estron list to fill up.

I feel like a weight lifted off me. Took me 5 months to research and decide which CIEM to pick as my 1st. I admit I couldn't find one that had it all. Each had pros and cons.
This Omega will be my steppingstone.

May 21, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #131 of 217
  Jack Vang's a terrific guy. Omnipresent swift responses, always available. Dunno how he pulls it off.

I really thought I'd go with Green Envy all along. But I noticed it had a bit of misty veil, a sort of grain adding opacity, whereas purple was closer to translucent blue, easier to look at the components.

How do you guys like the BTG Starlight cable so far? Read in the other thread about its average microphonics rating.
I've signed up for the Estron Linum Super Bax 100x limited edition waiting list.  Is the normal BaX too hissy ? I plan to use my Omega with the ZX2, no extra amp.
I noticed the ultra light cable on Noble Audio's site to be almost a copy of the Linum specwise, maybe Wagnus can make a custom of that so won't have to wait Estron list to fill up.

I feel like a weight lifted off me. Took me 5 months to research and decide which CIEM to pick as my 1st. I admit I couldn't find one that had it all. Each had pros and cons.

Congrats to you, Cagin! 

Jack is a great guy, glad you got to speak with him.  Tirelessly working to respond and take care of the customer!

I remember you wanting to go with the Green Envy color, and the Purple color should look amazing as well!  Yes, any Crystal color will be easier to look at the components, as a lot of manufacturers will not use shell colors where you are able to see in the inside components.

I was thinking about the Estron Linum Super BaX cable as well, but for Estron's asking price for one,  I will wait until I read reviews, or better yet, audition one myself to determine if it's right for me.  I'm sure others will discuss the BTG, and I will as well once I receive it in the near future.

Glad that you feel like a weight has been lifted off you, really happy to hear that.  5 months of research as well, and your first?  Very nice.  I heard you were going to get the Noble Savant.  With the Legend Omega, you know how many drivers you are paying for.  I hope you'll enjoy the Legend Omega.  I would say, in my opinion, that the Legend Omega is only a steppingstone if you are stepping straight to the top!

You have came, saw... and conquered:

May 21, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #132 of 217

how much does earwerk charge for your btg?

i am using one with my lr right now which i bought directly from brian. they work out a lot better than the stock. Definitely worth the purchase.  

May 21, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #134 of 217

how much does earwerk charge for your btg?

i am using one with my lr right now which i bought directly from brian. they work out a lot better than the stock. Definitely worth the purchase.  

I'm interested in the BTG as well, and messaged Jack regarding the specifics.  EarWerkz will charge $115 USD for the BTG, and it will contain recessed pins for the recessed sockets.  The first batch should be shipped by Monday, and once in stock, there will be no wait time since the BTG will be inventoried. 

Be on the lookout on the website regarding the ordering info in the near future.

May 21, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #135 of 217
I see , then you will properly have a better purchasing experience than me when I deal with Brian personally since it handle through jack. I personally will not be dealing with btg again unless Brian get more serious with how he handle his customer.

Btw the sound and build of the cable is definitely great but please do not expect the cable to came exactly like what it show on his site or fb. My cable build came much more simple without any heat shrink but it is very light and flexible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back