Review: EarWerkz Legend Omega and Legend R - With Comparisons
May 19, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #106 of 217
  Still contemplating, but the red shells with black faceplates is in first place, with three days to go.  So many toys, so little time.  (My Apple Watch arrives tomorrow).  Flysweep goes and throws another kink in the decision process with the posting of the orange.  Maybe I just need to realize they all look great.

I hope Jack doesn't mind, but his message also included this: "Just a heads up but we've been working with BTG out in California on a audiophile level cable. We're expecting our first batch within the next week or so. If you're interested just let me know so I can keep you in the loop. Msrp will be $115.00. It's a silver cable that comes in at under 1ohm. It enhances the r and omegas signature quite a bit!"

I'll just send him my wallet and hopefully he'll return what he doesn't use.  
angry_face.gif

With such clean shell work, you really can't go wrong with any color/combo.  I recommend going with a clear faceplate if you want to be able to marvel at the meticulous innards of your EW cIEM.. from the carefully driver placement to the discrete cabling, and beautiful, insulated Estrom wire.  Even my comparatively simpler (looking) Supra II is something I gaze at.  If you're dropping close to a G on some IEMs, you damn well want to be able to see the TLC that went into it!

May 19, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #107 of 217

Thanks bud.. I'll definitely post impressions once I've spent some time with them after they arrive.  I'm decidedly not a "bass head" in the traditional sense (i.e. a bass dominant signature).. but I definitely love deep, textured, effortless, nuanced, dynamic bass that's well balanced with the rest of the freq spectrum. I sense the Omega's bass quality will be terrific.. what could be of concern is the quantity (see: too much).. but it's one of those things I have to hear for myself to really gauge.  I'm interested in hearing what the O.R.C.'s bass quality, as well.  I've been a fan of well implemented vented bass drivers since I heard them in the CustomArt Harmony 8 Pro (it had, IMO, the finest bass quality of any cIEM I've owned or heard.. just beautiful).  In typical EW fashion, Jack isn't just going with a simple vented driver.. he's built a unique chamber for it, as well.  I would think the Onyx (if it's the mineral) possesses some acoustic quality that aides the bass response that Jack's going for.  This is simply pure speculation.. I'd really love to learn more about the O.R.C. (and the Legend's acoustic design, in general).

I will say that without a doubt (at least in my opinion) there is more bass presence than the Harmony 8 Pro (demo version) that I listened to when I A/Bed with the Omega.  I have a PNR ported subwoofer (3000 watts max RMS) in my vehicle, and the bass of the Omega is comparable to the full sized subwoofer, just in a smaller package.  The bass of the Omega has quantity to it, but the quality is just so luxurious that I do not mind the quantity of the Omega's bass (or any other facet of the entire frequency spectrum), at all.

With such clean shell work, you really can't go wrong with any color/combo.  I recommend going with a clear faceplate if you want to be able to marvel at the meticulous innards of your EW cIEM.. from the carefully driver placement to the discrete cabling, and beautiful, insulated Estrom wire.  Even my comparatively simpler (looking) Supra II is something I gaze at.  If you're dropping close to a G on some IEMs, you damn well want to be able to see the TLC that went into it!

I agree wholeheartedly.  It's great to be able to become mesmerized by looking through the crystal shells and admiring all of the handiwork and tidy construction of the C/IEMs.  You'll know very quickly the amount of drivers that are in your EarWerkz C/IEM and will leave all of the guessing amount-of-drivers to the bats.

May 19, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #108 of 217

It's the reason why i opted for the clear shell on my Omega so that i can see the beautiful wires and the neat routing of the cables inside.

I can't wait to see them come to me soon! I wonder how long more because i think it's probably congestive for both Penta and Omega since the O.R.C parts arrived only recently in a big whole shipment (according to the picture on their twitter post)

May 19, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #110 of 217
It's the reason why i opted for the clear shell on my Omega so that i can see the beautiful wires and the neat routing of the cables inside.

I can't wait to see them come to me soon! I wonder how long more because i think it's probably congestive for both Penta and Omega since the O.R.C parts arrived only recently in a big whole shipment (according to the picture on their twitter post)

Congrats to you, kendric! I remember when I saw the Legend R demo with the clear shells for the first time. I was in amazement of how neatly placed all of the drivers were. Counting them was interesting as well because I had to rotate the demo around to see all of the drivers! The Litz wire construction and placement is immaculate and still boggles the mind about the level of craftsmanship that went into each C/IEM.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Omega when it arrives and if you don't mind, impressions (especially after the Omega is burned in [~50 hours and more]).

May 19, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #111 of 217
Do you guys ever put them in your ears, or just sit around staring at the pretty wires? 
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #112 of 217
Do you guys ever put them in your ears, or just sit around staring at the pretty wires? :D

If I had only one EarWerkz C/IEM, then I would just listen to one side, leaving the other one out to gaze at - and since I have more than one, I can gaze at any of them while one is in my ears. :bigsmile_face:

May 20, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #114 of 217
  Just got confirmation from Jack that my new Omegas will ship next Monday. Can't wait to experience the new sound with the BTGs.
Yea!

Congrats, Headtrip.  Looking forward to the pictures.

May 20, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #115 of 217
  Just got confirmation from Jack that my new Omegas will ship next Monday. Can't wait to experience the new sound with the BTGs.
Yea!

Congratulations!  What color(s) shells/faceplates did you go with?

Happy to have you as a part of the EarWerkz family.

May 20, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #117 of 217

Smoke with clear faceplates and red logos (I'm into stealth).  I'll post some pix when I receive them next week. 

I was leaning toward smoke a few days ago.  Looking forward to seeing them.

May 20, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #118 of 217

Smoke with clear faceplates and red logos (I'm into stealth).  I'll post some pix when I receive them next week. 

Ooh, that will be pretty stealthy.  Classy as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back