Review: EarWerkz Legend Omega and Legend R - With Comparisons
Apr 16, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #61 of 217
  The Legend-R review by Headfonia has just been posted. See http://www.headfonia.com/earwerkz-legend-r-sunshine-lollipops-and-rainbows/

George, thanks for talking them into reviewing it. It's great to see more professional reviews of the LR.

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #62 of 217
George, thanks for talking them into reviewing it. It's great to see more professional reviews of the LR.

Hi,

Actually I didn't talk Lieven into reviewing it. I chat with him as a friend on all sorts of things, and not just head-fi matters, and I just said I loved my Legends-R a helluva lot. He then asked if I would mind making the introductions to Jack Vang which is what I did. The rest was up to him.

But thank you for your post. Too many people don't realize the amount of effort taken to review a product and maintain a website. A reader may disagree but no one forces anyone to read anything. The last time someone forced me to read anything was my optometrist I believe.

Cheers

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #63 of 217
Hi,

Actually I didn't talk Lieven into reviewing it. I chat with him as a friend on all sorts of things, and not just head-fi matters, and I just said I loved my Legends-R a helluva lot. He then asked if I would mind making the introductions to Jack Vang which is what I did. The rest was up to him.

But thank you for your post. Too many people don't realize the amount of effort taken to review a product and maintain a website. A reader may disagree but no one forces anyone to read anything. The last time someone forced me to read anything was my optometrist I believe.

Cheers

Oh, definitely didn't mean to imply you forced him into anything. I'm just happy to see one of my favorite products featured on a site like Headfonia which I know almost everyone here has read at one point. I appreciate the fact that you introduced him to the Legend R. It's funny because after visiting the EarWerkz factory here to get my Legend R, you realize how small albeit professional of an operation they are, so it's kinda cool seeing them getting some positive press in the major publications in this industry. The fact that they've put out such a great product is impressive.

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #64 of 217
@spamateur
My apologies as I never implied you implied that at all

I ordered the Legends without even testing as there was no distributor here yet in Singapore. I liked dealing with Jack and sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. And I'm glad I did.

Cheers.

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #65 of 217
@spamateur
My apologies as I never implied you implied that at all

I ordered the Legends without even testing as there was no distributor here yet in Singapore. I liked dealing with Jack and sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. And I'm glad I did.

Cheers.

Ditto to that!

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #66 of 217
I have been listening to the Legend Omega with Ted Allen's Headphone Lounge FBI Reference 2-pin Silver Litz Cable for a couple of days now.

I'll add the cable and impressions to the review, possibly as a separate review, since I feel that I need to explain my process - what my requests were prior to ordering, and what I had to do after receiving the cable so I could be able to have 100 percent satisfaction.

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #67 of 217
I have been listening to the Legend Omega with Ted Allen's Headphone Lounge FBI Reference 2-pin Silver Litz Cable for a couple of days now.

I'll add the cable and impressions to the review, possibly as a separate review, since I feel that I need to explain my process - what my requests were prior to ordering, and what I had to do after receiving the cable so I could be able to have 100 percent satisfaction.
yes yes yes please do. Curious how the silver addition to openess and treble will combo out with the. Onyx resonance chamber of the Omega :ph34r:
I've asked Estron if they can make a pure silver Linum Super balanced BaX instead of SPC.

Envisioning this following setup: Earwerkz Omega > Linum Super Balanced > Fiio X7 > Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Could be a great 2015 budget portable and transportable audiophile combo.

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #68 of 217
yes yes yes please do. Curious how the silver addition to openess and treble will combo out with the. Onyx resonance chamber of the Omega :ph34r:
I've asked Estron if they can make a pure silver Linum Super balanced BaX instead of SPC.

Envisioning this following setup: Earwerkz Omega > Linum Super Balanced > Fiio X7 > Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Could be a great 2015 budget portable and transportable audiophile combo.

Exactly my wish list for this summer :wink:

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #69 of 217
cabin, i think your definition of budget is a bit off.  haha.  though i am really interested in what the reference silver cable does to the sound.  my mouse has been hovering over the buy now button for about a week..

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #70 of 217
I have the legend R, unfortunately had to have my molds re cast as the left ear piece did not sit in as well. So as Jack is going to remake mine I have the option to upgrade to the Omega or stay with the legends again. I know that the Omega is more bass focused, but I would like to ask if a lot more or just enough? I tend to listen to ambient, trance and classical music and the Legend is great as a all round set, even on occasion, movies.  I already have my Beyerdynamic DT990, which are great for movies, so I think I already know the answer, just wanted a little bit more reference/review on the bass side from anyone whom may have tried them. I know that Jack wont start making the Omega until May.

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #72 of 217
Thanks for your input, at the moment if I want a little more bass, I have a couple of different music apps to adjust the levels depending on the tracks also a Centrance HIfi M8.

So, I think I will stay with the legend as its more neutral. thanks

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #74 of 217
Would anyone be able to compare the legend r or Omega with the westone um pro50,especially with regards to bass and smoothness of treble?

May 6, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #75 of 217
I never tested the Supra and Legends and just ordered online. Absolutely no regrets.

High 5 from a Fellow Singaporean. Never (unable to) try, so i just took a leap of faith and went with the Omega via Zhiyong from MS. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back