[REVIEW] - Comply Foam Tips
Mar 14, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #31 of 36
Hah, so funny to see this pop up. I used to use Comply foams almost exclusively for years. When Westone released their star tips I switched over on my W3s and didn't look back. I liked that the silicon tips lasted longer.

But I was recently missing the isolation I used to get and pulled out a set of my remaining P100s. Such a difference! I have a couple red pairs left and I wish the colors were still available but I'll be buying more in black once I need more. Comfort and isolation are just so good.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #32 of 36
Hah, so funny to see this pop up. I used to use Comply foams almost exclusively for years. When Westone released their star tips I switched over on my W3s and didn't look back. I liked that the silicon tips lasted longer.

But I was recently missing the isolation I used to get and pulled out a set of my remaining P100s. Such a difference! I have a couple red pairs left and I wish the colors were still available but I'll be buying more in black once I need more. Comfort and isolation are just so good.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Yes, the P-Series tips definitely block out A LOT more noise! What are you thoughts on the sound differences?

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #33 of 36
  Yes, the P-Series tips definitely block out A LOT more noise! What are you thoughts on the sound differences?

In a quiet environment, fairly minimal to be honest.  But I say that as a compliment to both the silicon Star Tips and your foam tips.  If there's no outside noise, the sound is very similar to me but I won't claim to have a super trained ear.  The Comply tips do sound a tad bit richer on the low end.  It lends itself to a thicker bass.  Given the Westone 3 is hardly lacking in bass, I think that's why it's not a huge difference.  I don't really lose any detail between the two.

But I wear these mostly for flying, which I do weekly, and for long stretches when I do.  From an isolation standpoint, they're incomparable.  They definitely make music sound much better in an noisy environment since I only hear the music and not engines, talking, babies...  They're also way more comfortable which I didn't appreciate until I switched back.  The silicon tips definitely fatigue my ears after a while and Comply foams simply don't.

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #34 of 36
I agree with this. The Westone Star Tips are a little more comfy, but also a little too bright for me. The P-series are great from a comfort, sound and isolation perspective.

The closest match I've found to the P-series would be the Westone True-Fit foam tips, which are extremely similar in isolation and sound characteristics. From a comfort perspective, I think I have a slight preference for the P series. 

Mar 4, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #35 of 36
My ears just do not get along with silicone. 30 minutes and the back of my ears ache and hurt like mad. Never found even one model that avoids this issue. So in a sense, I am stuck with foam. Funny thing is the foam freebies that come with every IEM I have owned are pretty useless sound wise, as they muffle the highs. Thank mercy for Comply Audio Pro!!!! For my ISN H40 IEMs I use the SmartCore version, as there is not yet a dedicated one for this 'phone. Works perfectly! Medium size fits perfectly in my ears and the comfort is fantastic. I can wear them all day, and hardly know they are there. Yes, I do use the pull down and squish technique and I lose zero highs. The sound is as open as any silicone or such. At the same time, the isolation is excellent, which in turn provides a blacker background for the sound. I tend towards smoothness anyway, so biting, sharp treble is never an issue.

I swear by these little beauties.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back