REVIEW/COMPARISON: Shure E2c v Senn PXC250 v Sony EX71
Sep 2, 2003 at 7:11 PM Post #31 of 40
Well... I pictured you sitting on a beachside terrace for some reason
biggrin.gif

I think they'll work, but canal phones provide better overall isolation. It's travelling noises (low rumbles, fan noise, aircraft engine drone, etc) that the PXC are best at.

Sep 3, 2003 at 12:56 AM Post #33 of 40
I have the 70s and they blow away the stock iPod headphones. Overall I really like my EX70s. A lot of people trash them but I think they sound great and are very comfortable. I've owned the Shures and they have no bass at all, which I could not put up with.

Quote:

Originally posted by shibby
how would you compare the 71 to the i-pod's stock?

Sep 3, 2003 at 1:43 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by shibby
What are the differences between the 71 and the 51?

cosmetic differences. i think the 51 has a slightly less smooth sound.

Oct 5, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Yes, the European portables are now limited by EU decree, the measurement being that the portable unit must not be capable of producing more than 100db with the supplied ear/headphones. This means that Sony limits their MD's to 1-3mw per channel, and PCDP's between 0.5mw-2mw. And that is into 16 ohms. The D-EJ2000 has an output of 5mw per channel into 16 ohms elsewhere in the world. The EU spec EJ2000 has 0.5mw per channel. Little wonder they were struggling to powwer my PXC250!

I'm probably not the first person to voice this opinion around here, but that's one of the stupidest regulations I've ever heard of.

How about they just make it so they only go up to 9?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back