REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender N10, CAD CAT server, TotalDac d1-Server, Auralic Aries, Audiophile Vortex Box
Apr 17, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #1,442 of 1,486
I assume you are asking the Phoenix user the question correct.

Little confused.

Apr 17, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #1,443 of 1,486
Not part of the convo, but I had an ISO REGEN and now I have the Phoenix reclocker. The Phoenix is definitely a lot better. The addition of a master clock really helps out. I’d even go as far as saying the extra $2.5K is worth it. If you get the SOtM or Mutec reclockers, with their respective master clocks, you’re looking at like $4K. So the Phoenix is actually a good deal. I highly recommend it

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #1,445 of 1,486
Not part of the convo, but I had an ISO REGEN and now I have the Phoenix reclocker. The Phoenix is definitely a lot better. The addition of a master clock really helps out. I’d even go as far as saying the extra $2.5K is worth it. If you get the SOtM or Mutec reclockers, with their respective master clocks, you’re looking at like $4K. So the Phoenix is actually a good deal. I highly recommend it

Thanks for the feedback. Phoenix looks like a really interesting product. What are you using for a server upstream of the Phoenix?

Apr 17, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #1,448 of 1,486
Are you getting your Innuos from Park Ave audio? The person I spoke to there didn’t seem to believe better servers matter.
What? That’s exactly the question I posed across Canada and got antipodes audio as the answer almost every time.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #1,450 of 1,486
Thanks for the feedback. Phoenix looks like a really interesting product. What are you using for a server upstream of the Phoenix?
I’m using a custom built pc. It was made for gaming though. I actually just put in an order for the Zenith Mk3, so I’m excited to hear that.

Apr 17, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #1,451 of 1,486
I’m using a custom built pc. It was made for gaming though. I actually just put in an order for the Zenith Mk3, so I’m excited to hear that.

I’m sure you will like the Zenith. I have had a Zen mkIII for the last year and it sounds great. I recently upgraded to Antipodes EX and am still adjusting to the new sound and still making changes to the setup, but for some music I am missing the sound I got from the Zen. I think the Antipodes shines a light on other shortcomings in the system, eg cables, isolation etc. I am thinking of trading my old zen for a Phoenix, but need to let things settle with the current setup first.

Apr 17, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #1,452 of 1,486
I would look at the 432 EVO. It has 2 x external LPS supplies for lower noise and a superb USB card with separate power supply. Plus you get the 432hz tuning. We don't shout about it much, it sells very well based on demos.

Apr 17, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #1,453 of 1,486
Just adding to the conversation antipodes CX or EX users supposedly do not need Phoenix as the staff at Antipodes feel no need.

With that said, Innuos Statement also does not need Phoenix as that is already built in the Statement.

Just FYI in case someone having a Statement goes out and gets a Phoenix.

Apr 17, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #1,454 of 1,486
I would look at the 432 EVO. It has 2 x external LPS supplies for lower noise and a superb USB card with separate power supply. Plus you get the 432hz tuning. We don't shout about it much, it sells very well based on demos.

Also we should look at Computer Audio Design CAT mk2 Server. Highly praised...in England.
The design guy is a purist (his DAC has only USB input and no upsampling what so ever for exemple)

Apr 17, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #1,455 of 1,486
I had the Zenith mk3 for about a year, then my friend got a Lumin U1 Mini which he let me borrow for a week or so. I A/B'd vs the Zenith mk3 and did not hear much difference so I sold the Zenith mk3 and now I have a U1 Mini. I suppose now I'm not convinced servers make a significant impact above a certain point, personally I've experienced more noticeable changes tweaking power (conditioner, LPS, cables, etc) than server. Rockna is about to release their new Wavelight Server, I plan to give that a go vs the Lumin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back