REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Nov 17, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #796 of 807
I need a new portable player and I am so undecided at this moment between the Colorfly C3 and Rocoo P (or maybe anouther HiSound product).

I read that C3's bass is not that powerful as some might want. I'm listening mostly to hip hop and electronic music, so bass is quite important. On the other hand I don't find normal the hiss I read about in the HiSound products.

I'm strictly interested in Sound Quality and maybe good battery. C3 has quite a good price I think. Btw. my main portable head phones are AKG K518 at this moment...so they are quite bass heavy. Is there any other player that might be good for me? It could be even a bit more expensive than C3.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #797 of 807
I need a new portable player and I am so undecided at this moment between the Colorfly C3 and Rocoo P (or maybe anouther HiSound product).

I read that C3's bass is not that powerful as some might want. I'm listening mostly to hip hop and electronic music, so bass is quite important. On the other hand I don't find normal the hiss I read about in the HiSound products.

I'm strictly interested in Sound Quality and maybe good battery. C3 has quite a good price I think. Btw. my main portable head phones are AKG K518 at this moment...so they are quite bass heavy. Is there any other player that might be good for me? It could be even a bit more expensive than C3.

Cowon's players are probably worth you looking at. The C2 from Cowon for example is a little more expensive than the Colorfly C3, but has great sound quality and some excellent sound shaping technologies built into it to get the sound you want, such as BBE+ and proper user customisable EQ.

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #802 of 807
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will be sticking with an ipod (imod) that i already have into a zo and headstage arrow.  I need the cash (especially considering i wont get anything near the rrp of the 3rd) and just picked up a set of 150 ohm phones which need an external amp.

To be honest the whole saga has left a very bitter tast in my mouth as to the hobby, so im selling off a bunch of gear and stripping down to 2 players (clip-gym  imod-home), 2 iem(fx101-gym  re272/262) and 2 circumaural (t50rp and hd660) and amp (headstage arrow) and a zo2.........everything else must go.  Actually when I right it out like that it doesnt seem so stripped down haha.

from here http://www.head-fi.org/t/631164/colorfly-c3-4gb-boxed-immaculate-condition

sorry if I steeped on toes

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #803 of 807
No problem at all actually I had thought u were saying I had mine up for sale, my fault.

I had sold that one to Mr orange but soon after Yeh logic board went on the iPod and I ordered another c3 which I'm using now.

Mar 4, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #805 of 807
Is there a way for the player to start with the last played song but not with internal flash/external TF?
If so how shall I do it?

Nope. It always reverts back to the root directory upon reboot. I actually pause it for lengths of time and come back as it’s battery is prettty stellar. All within the same day though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back