REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Nov 8, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #646 of 807
Quote:
It does have Error Correction.
Also, those who actually want to conserve space on their DAP will be ripping to MP3.
wink.gif

Can you provide any evidence that it has error correction? I know WMP 11 did not have it, because if you tried to rip a badly scratched CD, the scratches still came through on the rip. I never even bothered trying to rip with WMP12, as I use the far superior EAC now. 

As far as using MP3 on the DAP, I do that as well, with everything but my 160GB Classic...but I rip to FLAC and then make an MP3 conversion from the FLAC. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #647 of 807
My dear old S:Flo2 got fried by a dodgy USB power adaptor and from what I have read the signature of the C3 would really suit the 1964-Q (a touch less bass, clarity and detail in the mid and top and lots of dynamics). Pulled the trigger!
If anyone is interested ill do a follow up when it arrives.

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #648 of 807
Thank you for answers Kova4a and stozzer123.

in that case i will buy whichever screen protector and adjust it to C3 s size.

i am also thinking to buy a portable headphone amp and since it will be my first amp i don't wanna spend too much. so is there any budget amp? i will pair it with JVC - HA S500.

So far, i came across Fiio e6, Fiio e11 and these micro cmoy amp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-Cmoy-headphone-amp-Opamp2227-Amplifier-/261114721256

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #649 of 807
Thank you for answers Kova4a and stozzer123.

in that case i will buy whichever screen protector and adjust it to C3 s size.

i am also thinking to buy a portable headphone amp and since it will be my first amp i don't wanna spend too much. so is there any budget amp? i will pair it with JVC - HA S500.

So far, i came across Fiio e6, Fiio e11 and these micro cmoy amp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-Cmoy-headphone-amp-Opamp2227-Amplifier-/261114721256

FiiO E11 and C3 is a dream pairing mate according to stozzer. I bought an E11 today, waiting for it to arrive within the next few days.

Gonna be a winner... ColorFly C3 + FiiO E11 + Ortofon e-Q5 :D :D

Ordered it from the following link... made an offer of £52 and it was accepted. :cool:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290784713122?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #650 of 807
Hot damm the c3 pairs so well with the mh1, pairs beautifully it the o2 as well but today using it with the e11.  Those things are designed for each other.  

Portable use for me it just doesn't get better than this.

Yeah, the c3+e11+mh1c is a very good combo. Btw, the silicon cases I ordered for my C3 have finally been shipped - it only took them 10 days LOL

When are you going to guy's going to learn E11 veils the signal slightly?. :rolleyes: :p

I guess people that don't hear 'pop' won't be able to pick it out though. :wink: o_O

I have owned an E11, paired it with so many sources and yes it offers more power, it actually generates a decent sense of soundstage width too (even with GR07) but you lose clarity in the high end and mids compared to a clean headphone out alone. it warms the signal up to much for my liking. I have tested this back and forth with numerous LOD's and sources, all the sources on my profile and the same things happens, switching between the headphone out and amp there's a noticeable veil I can hear, now it's not something that's going to jump out at you, but you lose detail, sparkle and especially clairty. I sold that damn thing, even though I loved the concept and cosmetic design.

Oh my TF10 sold on ebay for $188 :wink:......CK4 here we come.

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #651 of 807
Quote:
When are you going to guy's going to learn E11 veils the signal slightly?.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

I guess people that don't hear 'pop' won't be able to pick it out though.
wink.gif
o_O
I have owned an E11, paired it with so many sources and yes it offers more power, it actually generates a decent sense of soundstage depth too (even with GR07) but you lose clarity in the high end and mids compared to a clean headphone out alone. it warms the signal up to much for my liking. I have tested this back and forth with numerous LOD's and sources, all the sources on my profile and the same things happens, switching between the headphone out and amp there's a noticeable veil I can hear, now it's not something that's going to jump out at you, but you lose detail, sparkle and especially clairty. I sold that damn thing, even though I loved the concept and cosmetic design.
Oh my TF10 sold on ebay for $188
wink.gif
......CK4 here we come.

Well, you're starting to learn - it's nice you got rid of the tf10. Now you should stop buying iems with recessed mids like the h-100 (so I heard) and start getting stuff with agressive detailing and you'll realise the e11 doesn't veil anything just adds a touch of smoothness. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #652 of 807
Well, you're starting to learn - it's nice you got rid of the tf10. Now you should stop buying iems with recessed mids like the h-100 (so I heard) and start getting stuff with agressive detailing and you'll realise the e11 doesn't veil anything just adds a touch of smoothness. 

Disagreement! :wink: TF10 were my first balanced armature only godly lightl shone from them in my earlier days, actually before I bought GR07, Before that headphone sumpremus badge was granted due to my experience level. :wink: H-100? watch that thread those earphones will answer for themselves in good time.

I couldn't stand listening to an E11 with GR07 anymore. Pfft! Amateur stuff!

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #653 of 807
Quote:
Disagreement!
wink.gif
TF10 were my first balanced armature only godly lightl shone from them in my earlier days, actually before I bought GR07, Before that headphone sumpremus badge was granted due to my experience level.
wink.gif
H-100? watch that thread those earphones will answer for themselves in good time.
I couldn't listening to an E11 with GR07 anymore. Pfft! Amateur stuff!

We'll see about the h-100. About the gr07 - what do you expect - it's already warm and sweet and pretty smooth in presenting the details. I told you before - it seems that based on the rock preset you used with the c3 you judge clarity solely on mids not being overpowered by the rest of the spectrum. For that matter you may just pick a gr02 bass edition and eq down its bass and you'll thing it has insane clarity and detail becaise of its colder mids an slightly agressive treble. No worries, one day you'll realise that iems exist that push the details in the mids and the highs agressively that we'll be probably more to your liking. For instance take an etymotic iem or b2, put comply tips on it, connect it to e11 and put the bass boost on 2 - they will still have sparkly treble and will push more detail in the mids and the highs than gr07

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #654 of 807
We'll see about the h-100. About the gr07 - what do you expect - it's already warm and sweet and pretty smooth in presenting the details. I told you before - it seems that based on the rock preset you used with the c3 you judge clarity solely on mids not being overpowered by the rest of the spectrum. For that matter you may just pick a gr02 bass edition and eq down its bass and you'll thing it has insane clarity and detail becaise of its colder mids an slightly agressive treble. No worries, one day you'll realise that iems exist that push the details in the mids and the highs agressively that we'll be probably more to your liking. For instance take an etymotic iem or b2, put comply tips on it, connect it to e11 and put the bass boost on 2 - they will still have sparkly treble and will push more detail in the mids and the highs than gr07

I actually stopped using that rock setting within a about a week, I prefer the normal flat setting now, (true story) It took some adjusting, I was having a hard time for a few days. Though regardless of any IEM trying to find a better paring I much prefer the crisp edge H-100 overs, I'm completely blinded and won't buy another IEM or really feel need to but appreciate your recommendation. GR07 is slightly warm yes, the tonality and timbre is very nice but the lack of soundstage depth and dynamics is a draw back, it's also weak in precise imaging. even amping (with something that veils) is not going to lift those areas, They are what they are that's why the IEM is labelled as boring. it's still a nice sound but you don't have ......magic? H-100 is rather upfront with it's detailing properties, I'm hearing a lot more in my music than with either GR07 or TF10.

Pretty much I'm blinded :etysmile:

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #655 of 807
E11 is the best sounding portable budget audio amp out there. It makes older DAPs come back to life!

The end.

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #657 of 807
Quote:
Pretty much I'm blinded
etysmile.gif

That sums it up lol! Actually the e11 is pretty transparent. For that matter you should never use an amp if you think there are non-budget amps outhere that make a warm and sweet headphone sound bright and detailed. You would realise what the e11 does if you had a bright and analytical iem - you would be begging for foam tips and a warmer than e11 amp. Anyway, I'm glad you're happy with your h-100 (for now)

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #658 of 807
That sums it up lol! Actually the e11 is pretty transparent. For that matter you should never use an amp if you think there are non-budget amps outhere that make a warm and sweet headphone sound bright and detailed. You would realise what the e11 does if you had a bright and analytical iem - you would be begging for foam tips and a warmer than e11 amp. Anyway, I'm glad you're happy with your h-100 (for now)

But even if that IEM is is brighter overall it's still going to veil compared to a headphone out alone with E11. it doesn't matter how bright the IEM is you're still going to lose clarity and detail limiting the IEM's desired potential as I mentioned. I have done several times Kova.....several with numerous LOD's and IEM's it screws up the signal.

We're going to have disagree. But yes thank you, we will go back to C3 talk. :ph34r:

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #659 of 807
Hahaa, can't believe what i'm hearing...

You're saying that using a headphone amp makes the sound worse with less clarity over the whole frequency range?

Lmao! :rolleyes:

I'm my true opinion, the C3 sounds rather weak and uninteresting without an amp. Hence why my main player is still my old Sony... well until I get my amp anyways.

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #660 of 807
Hahaa, can't believe what i'm hearing...
You're saying that using a headphone amp makes the sound worse with less clarity over the whole frequency range?
Lmao! :rolleyes:
I'm my true opinion, V3 sounds rather weak without an amp, hence why my main player is still my old Sony... well until I get my amp anyways.

The low ends ok, it's the highs and mid range you will sacrifice. I'm not alone on this by the way, there's a small party of us agree. other members notice with E17's when using the amp section only compared to the DAC powered by USB. We think it has something to do with FiiO amps power requirements running on battery power.

Anyway,.just enjoy your E11, it's not something that's going to effect daily listening, but serious 'picky' listeners.

I do stress, let's get back on topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back