REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Nov 7, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #586 of 807
I listen to audio books, podcasts or comedy, thats on runs up to 20k or bike rides around 50k, listening to music does get boring so I dont.   Any other high intensity stuff comes from muay thai (compete professionally) training for that usually involves the potential of getting punched in the ear so i dont bother with headphones  the treat of being knocked unconscious also tends to keep one from sleeping :D

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #588 of 807
Quote:
Yes. It measures very well, sounds great, has a good display and most importantly, a good firmware (Rockbox) with proper gapless playback, replaygain, large codec support, and a usable interface.

You're in the wrong thread. In here we only value the DAP on its sound quality and ease of use, not on UI and settings. The C3 just sounds better than any ipod. Most of us have DAPs with the "fancy" features you brag about and we still prefer the C3

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #591 of 807
I have got my new C3 up and running and have a question?

Is it normal to get a blip between each track ? Hard to explain what it sounds like other than a squelch or blast of white noise. Is this to do with the lack of gapless playback on the C3. Is there anyway to stop it....the last thing I need is a loud blip between every track when I am out forna run.

Can anybody help or advise?

Jay

Nov 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #593 of 807
Quote:
thats why the forum isnt dapfeaturesphile in essence. 
tongue_smile.gif
 Sound of c3 far better than clip but hey if you like something ruler flat but completely lifeless and dull the clips great, i use it as my gym dap.
wink.gif

The Clips are not "lifeless and dull".

What they are is neutral and perhaps a little clinical for some. If I were to draw an analogy with hi-fi equipment, they are like Marantz gear. Certainly if you like warmth or smoothness they are not the way to go, but there's not a thing wrong with the sound quality of the Clip's.

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #595 of 807
Quote:

What they are is neutral and perhaps a little clinical for some. If I were to draw an analogy with hi-fi equipment, they are like Marantz gear. Certainly if you like warmth or smoothness they are not the way to go, but there's not a thing wrong with the sound quality of the Clip's.

As i said I use one myself and have had many since its first version along with the fuzes, im well aware of the sq and sig of the clip and I most definetely classify it as lifeless/dull/uninteresting.   ruler flat and the standard for entry level audiophiles on a budget, spending a lot more will get you better but not too much better.  Honestly, if this wasn't rockbox enabled you'd think it would be so popular around these parts?  This debate rages from the ABI forum days and still rears its head.

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #596 of 807
Quote:

I'm quite curious then does the clip sound different from the Fuze? Because my Fuze had slight warmth to its sound :).

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #597 of 807
I have got my new C3 up and running and have a question?
Is it normal to get a blip between each track ? Hard to explain what it sounds like other than a squelch or blast of white noise. Is this to do with the lack of gapless playback on the C3. Is there anyway to stop it....the last thing I need is a loud blip between every track when I am out forna run.
Can anybody help or advise?
Jay

Hi, none of that going on here, there is very slight 'pop' noise between songs. that is ever so gentle.

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #598 of 807
I know other people have mentioned pops but is my C3 the only one that doesn't have pops at all> I haven't heard even a single slight pop between the songs, not one. I tried low volume, I tried high level, I tried very high volume with an amp - still no pops. It's just interesting because those pops seem to be an issue for more than one or two C3s and I just can't reproduce them.

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #599 of 807
I know other people have mentioned pops but is my C3 the only one that doesn't have pops at all> I haven't heard even a single slight pop between the songs, not one. I tried low volume, I tried high level, I tried very high volume with an amp - still no pops. It's just interesting because those pops seem to be an issue for more than one or two C3s and I just can't reproduce them.

I don't find it an issue though, it's clearly just the memory switching tracks. Sansa Clip+ used to make a little squeak noise sometimes. I don't know why you're not getting it, It's a little louder when using something sensitive like TF10 or a BA. It's so subtle though...I really don't see it causing any problems for many users..

The best way I describe it is when you hear a little hair or speck of dust a record player needle picks up briefly. Just a little 'pop'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back