REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Oct 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #302 of 807
If Yuceka didn't encounter the popping noise problem while he had it, the problem might lie elsewhere. Try if the problem still occurs while using different headphones, different cables, different file extensions...
Also, the FAQ on the colorfly website says the following:

faqbu4628449f3c015b602.gif

When playing WAV files, there is a short-term noise between songs!

The problem with the noise between songs in high-resolution music is achieved using FOOBAR2000. When converting from FLAC to WAV's with foobar2000, there is then no longer pops between tracks. At the moment, our R&D team is working on a new firmware update that solves this problem regardless of the conversion software .

Sorry for the strange colors, it somehow copied those too 
blink.gif

I'm afraid though that this might not be the issue you are trying to solve as they are claiming that this problem is limited to WAV files, which you said you didn't own.. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #303 of 807
If Yuceka didn't encounter the popping noise problem while he had it, the problem might lie elsewhere. Try if the problem still occurs while using different headphones, different cables, different file extensions...
Also, the FAQ on the colorfly website says the following:

faqbu4628449f3c015b602.gif

[COLOR=D5B077]When playing WAV files, there is a short-term noise between songs![/COLOR]

The problem with the noise between songs in high-resolution music is achieved using [COLOR=D5B077]FOOBAR2000
. When converting from FLAC to WAV's with foobar2000, there is then no longer pops between tracks. At the moment, our R&D team is working on a new firmware update that solves this problem regardless of the conversion software .[/color]

Sorry for the strange colors, it somehow copied those too :blink:

I'm afraid though that this might not be the issue you are trying to solve as they are claiming that this problem is limited to WAV files, which you said you didn't own.. 

I found the problem not only on my songs but also Yuceka's. So, i Now assume it is probably the fault of my M80s? I'll be receiving my M 100s today and hopefully they won't have this issue. :)

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #305 of 807
Quote:
I found the problem not only on my songs but also Yuceka's. So, i Now assume it is probably the fault of my M80s? I'll be receiving my M 100s today and hopefully they won't have this issue.
smily_headphones1.gif

I am using the M80 (well v80 but they are fysically the same) and I don't have the problem.. Might be just your headphones though, unfortunately. I hope the M100s fix the problem, let us know! 
dt880smile.png

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #306 of 807
Quote:
I am using the M80 (well v80 but they are fysically the same) and I don't have the problem.. Might be just your headphones though, unfortunately. I hope the M100s fix the problem, let us know! 
dt880smile.png

Sadly, the problem still occurs with my M100s so now I'm really confused on what the problem could be.

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #310 of 807
Quote:
dt880smile.png

I'm afraid H20Fidelity might be right by saying its a hardware problem.. I think you should contact colorfly and see what they have to say about it. Anyway, good luck with it!

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #312 of 807
Hopefully this week guy's, my player arrives.

And why not give the thread a bump while I'm here. :wink: Gotta love DAP's that support external storage!

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #313 of 807
Evetan - I am now the owner of stozzer's C3 and I have the popping issue which he said wasn't present.  Unless the players are only made to be bounced around in the post once before breaking it seems safe to assume that it's our flac files causing the issue.  You wouldn't happen to use Linux would you?

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #314 of 807
Hi orange where are you getting the popping (at what point in the track or menus, when music is playing)?  Honestly i listened and listened to it specifically for that issue and had nothing, is it happening on the tracks i left on it (although it was only a stand up comedy file and I dont think in flac)?

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #315 of 807
The stand up was in mp3, I've stashed it away for another day but didn't listen beyond confirming the player worked.  With only 4gb to play with I needed the space!

I've only used flac files that I ripped from CD and the pop happens immediately before the second track, I have some gapless tracks and on them it's silence, pop and straight into the music.  This is with the screen powered off due to inactivity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back