REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Sep 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #241 of 807
hello guys,

i got some good news, i managed to solve the flac issue. here is how i did.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40433

although it seem to be a general cowon user problem, i just managed to adapt the solution on my C3 lol.

by using command promt window, i have easily changed the .flac to .fla extension than the audio files worked automagically!

i also contacted with the colorfly support and he said he will send me an older firmware of it.

so i would like to thank all you guys for all your help. if you have any question about that issue don't hesitate to ask lol.

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #242 of 807
Quick question...does the C3 plays ALAC files??....I'm getting mine in a coupe of weeks...can't wait!!!!!

Sep 28, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #244 of 807
It doesn't play ALAC which is a shame but there are programs like XLD which can quickly and easily convert ALAC to FLAC. You can even set it to convert multiple folders and copy the file structure for the FLAC files so you can keep them organised.

Sep 28, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #245 of 807
Mine is up for sale if anyone is interested in getting one pretty quick from the US. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #246 of 807
I wished I learned of  the C3 before I bought my Rocoo P a few weeks ago. Not sure if I can justify buying another player right after I bought one before. Maybe I'll wait. But if I get too frustrated with the UI, I might be forced to buy a C3... a dilemma for me. How "simple" is the UI on the C3, and also how is the boot time?

Sep 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #247 of 807
I wished I learned of  the C3 before I bought my Rocoo P a few weeks ago. Not sure if I can justify buying another player right after I bought one before. Maybe I'll wait. But if I get too frustrated with the UI, I might be forced to buy a C3... a dilemma for me. How "simple" is the UI on the C3, and also how is the boot time?

Firstly go look at my first couple of posts to answer the questions, seriously people cannot read? its right there in the review even a video showing UI just below!!!

Then proceed to sell your Rocoo P and buy the c3 no contest if im honest.

Sep 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #248 of 807
Firstly go look at my first couple of posts to answer the questions, seriously people cannot read? its right there in the review even a video showing UI just below!!!
Then proceed to sell your Rocoo P and buy the c3 no contest if im honest.

Nah, i read the thread already. Sorry its just that I'm horrible with decision making...sorry for annoying you guys. i may just purchase Yuceka's C3 then.

Sep 29, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #249 of 807
Quote:
For those who were wondering if it will read a 64Gb micro-sd card, then the answer is yes. For those wanting to use a 64Gb card, you need to format it as FAT32 in your PC first.

It seems foolish to ask but did you completely fill the sd card and the player could play all songs? If that's so then why they don't write support for 64GB cards also. It's a ++ for their product.

Also if someone could answer my previous questions, it'll be quite assuring:

1. If you have compared it against CK4, can you detail about sq? (I read about it in this thread, but stozzer123 said that he had few hours with it and it most probably CK4 has a better sq, but a bit more details will be better.. if it's really worth extra $85 in terms of sq only?)

2. Can you compare sq with respect to a computer/laptop (I have Dell XPS M1530, so anything nearest to that) (also, by computer/laptop, I mean without any modification like adding sound cards, etc.)?

Sep 30, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #251 of 807
What a great little machine, it looks good! it feels good, & it weighs well ---- Aesthetics aside I enjoyed the listening experience, clean, clear & crisp, even though i was listening via a pair of apple buds! now for the next step-- over ear headphones, please all you Head-Fi-ers out there RECOMMENDATIONS??? I am still in the league of Valve amp & floor standing speakers & dare I say it (turntables) thanks also for all the reviews, great to read...................except sour grapes???
gs1000.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #252 of 807
unamped i get great sound out my samson sr850 (amazing sound for the price)

Amped i use fostex t50rp which are just stunning.

Others I would recommend

aiaiaia tma-1
shure srh-440/840
v-moda m80
Superlux variants

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #253 of 807
I have the C3 paired with V-Moda's M-80's and it is a delightful combination.

The C3 also pairs very well with UE TF10's and even the slightly harder to drive Vsonic GR07 Mk.II,

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #254 of 807
Its sound signature is like an on-board sound card, but lesser quality. Which means, not much coloring, on the clean and lean side (except a tad more weight on vocal), nothing is too artificially emphasized. Please read the OP's detailed review twice, read through the whole thread, try your headphones on your sound card, see whether it is for you.

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #255 of 807
I sold my E11 recently and temptation is getting the better of me here. I'm thinking of trying the C3. :devil_face:

So Stozzer you say they work a charm with Yamaha EPH-100?

Edit: Too late. I bought one. :D

We'll see how it pairs up with Sony MDR EX600 while I still have them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back