REVIEW: Cardas Golden Reference, Volex, and Blue Jeans Cables
Jun 12, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #46 of 48
I don't mind paying extra for a cable. If it's a little on the expensive side and the sound is just slighty better but it looks really cool in design, I'll buy it. I mean women will spend $500 on a dress that they wear once for a party and throw it away. So an extra 2 hundred dollars for a nice looking cable that has a slight improvement will be fine. If it's like $500, then no.

If I were more wealthy, then yes. What's an extra $1000? I'll just cut down on my Dom Perignon champagne consumption for a little bit.

Jun 15, 2006 at 1:10 PM Post #47 of 48
Thanks for the nice review, Welly Wu. Puts things in perspective. When certain magazines or heavy posters hype ultra-expensive components or tweaks with hyperbolic rhetoric, it's not easy for moderate spenders like myself to withstand the urge to try these things out themselves, often to be disappointed.

I always set my limit at around 100 US$ per meter IC, anything over 150 gives me ulcers. I liked Mogami for many years, bought used.

Head-fi gave me some options I didn't know before (including Blue Jeans), that can compete with some of the most expensive cables out there. The discussions here are much more comprehensive and helpful to form an idea about a product, than magazine reviews could ever be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back