[Review] Brainwavz M5
Feb 17, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #20 of 22
I can't help but think this is a false review. The M5's are marketed as neutral and that's what they are. Typically when I listen to these headphones the bass is non-existent. The "sub-bass" covers up anything? No, you cannot hear the sub bass as these have none! Unless you plugged these into a powerful amplifier and turned up the bass, these have none from a regular source (ie a macbook air). The sound to my can be described as tinny at times, with the highs and especially mids being prominent while having a non-existent bass-line. My Sennheiser HD-439's have more bass than these unamped, and that is not very much. Even less bass than the ATH-M50's.

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #21 of 22
I can't help but think this is a false review. The M5's are marketed as neutral and that's what they are. Typically when I listen to these headphones the bass is non-existent. The "sub-bass" covers up anything? No, you cannot hear the sub bass as these have none! Unless you plugged these into a powerful amplifier and turned up the bass, these have none from a regular source (ie a macbook air). The sound to my can be described as tinny at times, with the highs and especially mids being prominent while having a non-existent bass-line. My Sennheiser HD-439's have more bass than these unamped, and that is not very much. Even less bass than the ATH-M50's.

Sounds like a poor seal to me, or a dud, or possibly something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back