[Review] Bluedio T2+ Bluetooth headphones
Apr 8, 2017 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kiler

100+ Head-Fier
 ​
Hello once again! What I bring to you this time isn’t an headphones that completely focuses on the best sound quality possible and instead decides to go with a more lifestyle approach to it. The product that we have today is once again brought to us by Gearbest and it is the Bluedio T2+ . This is a Bluetooth Headset with some interesting capabilities such as FM Radio and direct reproduction of files from a Micro SD card! All this in a packaging with 57mm drivers which means that thumping bass is more than guaranteed. The fact that they possess the most recent Bluetooth 4.1 makes sure that the range on these will be long enough for all kinds of uses. The Bluedio brand has put out plenty of quality headphones, are the T2+ up to the task?

Technical Data

Talking about technical data and specifications, nothing like using the specifications provided by Bluedio themselves:

Specifications:

General
Brand: Bluedio
Model: T2+
Color: Black,Blue,Red,White
Wearing type: Headband
Function: Answering Phone,Bluetooth,FM function,HiFi,Microphone,MP3 player,Song Switching

Product Details
Headset type: Dynamic
Connectivity: Wireless
Connecting interface: 3.5mm,Micro USB
Application: Computer,Mobile phone
Plug Type: ANT-IN,Bluetooth,Micro USB
Driver unit: 57mm
Sound channel: Two-channel (stereo)
Frequency response: 20~20KHz
Impedance: 16ohms
Sensitivity: 118dB
Input Power: Built-in 220mAh battery
Working Time: Talking time: About 45 hours, Music playing time: Around 40 hours
Standby time: As long as 1625 hours
Extended Function
FM radio: Yes
Bluetooth: Yes
Bluetooth Version: V4.1
Bluetooth distance: W/O obstacles 10m
Bluetooth protocol: A2DP,AVRCP,HFP,HSP
External Memory: TF card

Dimension and Weight
Product weight: 0.228 kg
Package weight: 0.530 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 18.60 x 8.50 x 20.00 cm / 7.32 x 3.35 x 7.87 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 20.00 x 17.00 x 8.50 cm / 7.87 x 6.69 x 3.35 inches

Package Contents
Package Contents: 1 x Bluetooth Earphone, 1 x USB Cable, 1 x Audio Cable, 1 x Bilingual User Manual in English and Chinese

Packaging

​
As it is possible to see the cardboard case of the Bluedio T2+ is quite modest, but even then it doesn’t look bad at all. We can see a picture of the headphones in silver ink in the main part of the box, alongside the name T2+ and a reference to the huge 57mm drivers in these headphones.
 ​

On the side we can see a diversity of important features that the brand decided to make stand out, from which I think that the most important ones are the up to 40 hours of music playback and the Bluetooth 4.1.

The backside of the packaging come with an expansion picture of the headset which shows all of the different components that the headset is made out of.

Accessories

These are a pretty simple Bluetooth headset so it is expected for the accessories to be on the lower side, mostly to lower the overall cost of them. In the box we have a bilingual manual, alongside a 3.5 to 3.5mm male cable (to use the Bluedio T2+ wired) and a micro-USB cable in order to charge the Bluedio headset.

Build Quality and overall look

These are the Bluedio T2+ headphones. You can tell that they are an headphone that is made to be a little bit fashionable since you don’t see the usual unaesthetic studio headphone quirks. We have plastic earcups with a leather perforated headband , with the black contrasting well with the chrome.

On top of the headband we can find the Turbine name.

A closer look on the earcups we can see that Bluedio is really proud of the big 57mm driver they managed to fit in the T2+ and they aren’t afraid to show it off. We also got some “tacky” HIFI headphones branding on the cup. The swiveling mechanism seems strong enough to take some abuse.

Inspecting the inside part of the headband you can find the left and right marking of the headphones, alongside the metal headband, which is a welcome feature since it adds to the durability of these headphones.

On the side of the right cup we have the following buttons (from left to right): scan (it helps you go through radio stations in the FM mode), mode (which lets you pick if you want to use these as FM radio, Bluetooth headphones or just player from the microSD), the microSD slot, the power button and the slider that lets you adjust either volume or skip tracks.

Looking now on the lower part of both earcups we notice that one the left side of the headphones possesses a 3.5mm audio in/out, depending on the feature (since these headphones can “share” their Bluetooth input with another headphones that accept a 3.5mm input). On the right side you got the regular microUSB input which lets you charge the Bluedio T2+.
All in all, construction quality seems pretty good for the price, so lets go deeper into this review.

Comfort/Isolation

As always, I prefer to start talking about the comfort of headphones telling you about which is the form factor of the headphones. And in this case, while technically they will be circumaural for people with smaller ears, those with a bigger noggin’ will surely consider these a supraaural headphone, which isn’t that good because they lie in a weird space, where you’ll end up with half your ear inside the pad and half your ear outside. Besides that they are somewhat confortable but I’ll advise you to stretch them over some books before their first use (or do what I did and do this while they burn-in), else you will feel them clamping quite a bit.

This clamping that I was talking about is also what makes theses headphones isolate quite well for their size, which is with music they mute a television near you, but if you don’t have any music playing you will still be aware of your surroundings. As for sound leaking, if you are using these inside a safe hearing volume, you won’t need to worry about it, but if you crank up the sound in order to attenuate loud exterior sources, like the subway, you might bother someone who is passing near you.

Sound

Source – HifimeDIY Sabre Dac amped with Objective 2 DIY, Lumia 625, Sandisk Sansa Clip+

Files Used –  256 to 320 kbps and FLAC

As always, before using starting to review these, I let them play a variety of music for about 50 hours (having tried them when they first arrived). The improvement was mostly noticed by the sub bass becoming a bit less bloated.

The review will be mostly directed to my use of the Bluedio T2+ as a Bluetooth headphones and not using them with a cable since I think that the obtained sound quality is about the same. I will also get out of gimmicky features such as the microSD player and the FM radio. While the FM radio has good capabilities, the fact that you can’t save stations and have to find the one you desire by swiping the scan button. You’re much better off by connecting the headphones to your phone and using the tuner built in your phone. As for the microSD players it is a feature that while nice to have, it is just good for a small amount of music since you’ll have to be forwarding and back to find what you want to hear, since there is no shuffle mode.

So you do what any sane person would do and just connect the T2+ to your smartphone and to do it you just need to press the power button while the T2+ is off and wait for the blue light. After this you’ll be able to find the Bluedio headphones on your smartphone and it is time to connect.

Now it’s time to enjoy your music library and if you like bass you are in for a treat. The Bluedio T2+ is a all about the bass headphones and the 57mm driver is mostly responsible for it. These are a bass boosted headphones, where I would describe these as being dark but with a sprinkle of treble making these appealing for the general crowd.

The bass of the Bluedio isn’t the usual low quality mid bass hump kind of bass. The sub bass really makes you enjoy the thump and just touching the earcups of the headphones you can feel it. While the quality of this subbass isn’t the best (in terms of texture) it really reaches down low alongside side a nice midbass.
The mids aren’t as veiled as one would expect from the really boosted bass, but you can tell that there is a dark veil on this sound, even if you can hear the processed vocals on pop music just fine. Even some guitars sound decent, but you can tell that these were not made for acoustic and orchestral music.

As for highs, they are necessary on bass heavy headphones in order to not make the headphone sound dark and as such the Bluedio T2+ surely possess some treble to offset it, with good quality as well, where cymbals match up really nicely with the bass.
The soundstage is decent for being a closed set and you can really feel the two directional nature of it, being easy to pinpoint instruments.
I also found that the amping section of my review doesn’t apply to these headphones, because no one will run these amped, even though I did try them amped and no noticeable improvements were had.

As for improvements while amping, I found out that the bass becomes more pronounced while amped, but even unamped these are pretty solid headphones and the amplifier certainly isn’t a must have.

As for songs that I really enjoyed with these headphones:

Ramses B – Drift Away – Liquid Drum and Bass really brings out the best of the headphones with regards to the lower end frequencies even if sometimes the driver takes a bit to response to faster changing bass rythms.

Ephixa – Song of Storms – Dubstep is also really well paired due to the immense bass and the fact that it isn’t as quick as drum and bass doesn’t let some of the weaknesses of the driver show through.

Conclusion

Build Quality: 4/5

Accessories: 4/5

Comfort: 3.5/5

Isolation: 4/5

Sound Quality (bang for buck): 3.5/5
The Bluedio T2+ are a really polarizing headphones because those that don’t love bass will surely be put away from it due to the fact that they are soo bass heavy and the fact that they used a bigger driver to attract the bass lovers might make those addicted to small details not so happy because you can tell that the T2+ are a slow headphone, so to speak. As for the build quality I was impressed for the price and I would have been even more impressed if they managed to sneak in some full sized earpads as well. The battery life is pretty good, with about 5 hours of use per day the T2+ last for a week, which is close to the announced 40 hours and the fact that you can charge them up easily in under two hours also helps.
These are not a studio quality headphone and are not meant to be, these are for someone who wants a lifestyle product for their smartphone and you can easily tell that Bluedio is marketing these for the Beats buyer. And I’m pretty sure that these do just as well for a fraction of the price!

References
Price: RRP (20.99€) on http://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_182198.html?wid=21&lkid=10631981 (this is my affiliate code, if you want to you can buy them without supporting me).

I would like to thank Gearbest for the opportunity to review and publish my unbiased opinion about these Headphones, it has been a fantastic experience working with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back