REVIEW: Audiotrak DR. DAC2 DX Muses Edition
Nov 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #18 of 24
Any word on if this has a reclocking feature to reduce jitter, or is that something that's standard? I really can't seem to find much information on this thing.

No specific reclocking circuit or anything of the sort. It just relies on the inherent jitter rejection capabilities of the TI Dac chip and the AKM digital receiver.

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #19 of 24
How would you compare the Dr. DAC2 MX Muses to the Matrix M-Stage as an amplifier?

I currently have a OPA627 Class A Biased M-Stage and a Creative Titanium HD soundcard. I have been looking to upgrade my DAC, and am slightly turned off by the analogue and grainy description of the HRT Music Streamers. So I am considering this as a DAC, but am also curious if it could simply replace my M-Stage.

Thanks for your opinion.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:
How would you compare the Dr. DAC2 MX Muses to the Matrix M-Stage as an amplifier?

I currently have a OPA627 Class A Biased M-Stage and a Creative Titanium HD soundcard. I have been looking to upgrade my DAC, and am slightly turned off by the analogue and grainy description of the HRT Music Streamers. So I am considering this as a DAC, but am also curious if it could simply replace my M-Stage.

Thanks for your opinion.

The Audiotrak unit is good, but not quite that good to replace your modified M-Stage. It depends on your headphones though - something relatively easy to drive like a Grado might not show much of a difference. I imagine an HE500 or HD650 or 600 ohm model would definitely be better on the Matrix amp. 

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #22 of 24
atm I have the Dr. Dac 2 and do not plan on upgrading any time soon due to financial constraints (high school student, no job). I am planning on buying a pair of HE-500's but before I go ahead with the purchase I want to know if the Dr Dac will drive them well enough to justify the $700 price tag.

Thanks

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #24 of 24
  atm I have the Dr. Dac 2 and do not plan on upgrading any time soon due to financial constraints (high school student, no job). I am planning on buying a pair of HE-500's but before I go ahead with the purchase I want to know if the Dr Dac will drive them well enough to justify the $700 price tag.

Thanks

It doesn't pretty well for a small integrated DAC/amp unit. Delivers a pretty good amount of current into low impedance loads - somewhere around 400-500mW depending on the headphone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back