REVIEW: Audiofly AF56
Nov 6, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #16 of 23
I landed a pair of af-56's on ebay for $60.00. at that price they are well worth the money. that was buy it now, not an auction.

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #17 of 23
Hm, how do you find the Audiofly tips to be? Are they comfortable relative to other tips out there? They look like quality at least. I'm thinking of ordering some of their tips from headphonic.

It says it fits AF33 to AF78 series and using their comply tips as a guide, they should fit my headphones: 500 - 400 size range so I'm guessing it needs to be able to fit the smaller 500 stem at least.

On the side note, has anyone tried the Atrio bi-flange tips?

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #18 of 23
I used to think these were too bassy with any of the included tips, however switching to some double flange tips that came with a pair of meelectronic iems makes them sound excellent.

The bass no longer feels overpowering and the rest of the spectrum can be shown or I suppose heard :)

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #19 of 23
I used to think these were too bassy with any of the included tips, however switching to some double flange tips that came with a pair of meelectronic iems makes them sound excellent.

The bass no longer feels overpowering and the rest of the spectrum can be shown or I suppose heard
smily_headphones1.gif

Hrm, ok. But are the stock tips comfortable? They seem to have very wide bore.

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #20 of 23
Well I just feel like getting a pair of made in Aussie phones if I'm going to start a headphone collection and I do love their design though I'm somewhat put off by reviews saying that the housing split. That and they don't seem to get much love around here. I mean this thread is not even 2 pages long.

I'm glad to hear yours held up well, but what sort of level would you say the AF-56 performs at? Would be nice to hear a bit more about them.

I wouldn't mind putting more money for a pair of AF-78 but it is my understanding that the AF-78 does not have a crossover board as shown by their own website despite being a hybrid dual driver. For that you need to go an extra 50AUD to the 249AUD AF-120 which I feel just isn't worth it. If they can make the AF-33 at 40AUD then it stands to reason that the only difference across the series is just the housing and drivers. I don't feel that they warrant a $150 difference in price tag.

AF-56 seems like the best choice in terms of design and functionality, but I don't think I've seen anyone compare how they perform across the entire range yet?

As you can see the exploded diagram of AF-78 and AF-120, only the AF-120 has a crossover chipset as shown in (2)

Hate to say it, but they're designed in Australia, made in China.

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #22 of 23
Thes things are probably the most comfortable in ear headphones ive used however appearnetly im not a fan of the v shaped signature. I use IEMs while at the gym...so quite often. I find that with heavy metal or death metal i have to EQ them havily since there is no midrange and ear pericing highs with alot of siblance...its just too much for extended listerning periods. I have yet to try these on other genres such as inatrumental or jazz but im finding there is too much bass...it may be great for trance music though since im not a fan of rap but ive yet to try it on other genres. I find myself plugging in the meelectronics a151 balanced for heavy stuff at the gym and than adding a touch of low end eq for more bass.

Jul 10, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #23 of 23
Bought these a couple of months ago, didn't really like them the first few weeks but after about 80 hours they started to grow on me..now I really like them. They have great soundstage, can be very 3d like with the right music. Bass is very deep, great for movies. You really need to get a good seal for these to sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back