[Review] Audio Technica Ckr-9: Experiencing Sound Reality
Feb 17, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #152 of 163
Hello Forum Members
I read the last few months on a regular basis here in the In Ear threads.
Please excuse my bad english.
I use the Audio Technica CKX9IS since August and I'm still excited. On the way I use the In-Ear with a Sony smartphone and PlayerPro app. The equalizer I'm Buffering the bass down a little. Also something sharp highs. With this setting, I find the CKX9IS sensational. I already had a number of models from other manufacturers and no sound as good as the AT. For example, the Fostex TE-05, RHA MA750, RHA T10i (which sounds terribly dull, with all filters), Shure SE215, Hifiman RE-400 and other models from Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Pioneer, AKG around 100 euros or more expensive.
Now the question is whether the CKR9 represents a worthwhile update to CKX9? After all, the costs three times. Has anyone here any comparisons between the two in-ear models?
Many greetings from Germany
Jens

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #153 of 163
  Hello Forum Members
I use the Audio Technica CKX9IS since August and I'm still excited. On the way I use the In-Ear with a Sony smartphone and PlayerPro app. The equalizer I'm Buffering the bass down a little. Also something sharp highs. With this setting, I find the CKX9IS sensational. I already had a number of models from other manufacturers and no sound as good as the AT. For example, the Fostex TE-05, RHA MA750, RHA T10i (which sounds terribly dull, with all filters), Shure SE215, Hifiman RE-400 and other models from Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Pioneer, AKG around 100 euros or more expensive.
Now the question is whether the CKR9 represents a worthwhile update to CKX9? After all, the costs three times. Has anyone here any comparisons between the two in-ear models?
Jens

Yes, the CKR9 is superior in just about every way I can think of. CKX9 might be a tad more spacious but that's likely because it doesn't isolate well. 

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #154 of 163
Hello Forum Members

Jens

Hehe I agree with zap, the soundstage will sound spacious and 3D, whilst also having great treble that may or may not sound sibilant, mids that have body and detail to them, and the tightest but most adequate quantity bass with quality all over it.

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #156 of 163
Hello, Thanks for Your replay!
Is the CKR9 Made in China or Japan? Are already fakes in circulation worldwide from this In Ear?
What is the difference between ckr9 and ckr10? I have read that the ckr10 does not sound as good!? Is that right?
Greetings
Jens

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #160 of 163
Can anyone please tell me how these compare to the Sennheiser IE80? After my Denon C710's flimsy cable broke I thought I'd treat myself to a better quality iem, so I got the IE80. They are definitely a quality iem, but I am disappointed with the sound after my Denons - the recessed mids, and the lack of sub bass in particular (the Denons have a nice deep low sub bass that the IE80 don't match regardless of tuning, tips, depth etc).

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #161 of 163
Can anyone please tell me how these compare to the Sennheiser IE80? After my Denon C710's flimsy cable broke I thought I'd treat myself to a better quality iem, so I got the IE80. They are definitely a quality iem, but I am disappointed with the sound after my Denons - the recessed mids, and the lack of sub bass in particular (the Denons have a nice deep low sub bass that the IE80 don't match regardless of tuning, tips, depth etc).

I've never heard the IE80 before but I can tell you recessed mids and lack of sub-bass are not a problem for the CKR9.

Nov 9, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #162 of 163
I've never heard the IE80 before but I can tell you recessed mids and lack of sub-bass are not a problem for the CKR9.

thanks, I'll be in Japan over New Years and will be able to trial them if they are still available - just trying to narrow down the list as it can get a bit overwhelming in a noisy electronics shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back