REVIEW: Audinst AMP-HP portable headphone amplifier
Sep 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #16 of 25
Thank you for the review. Would you have any insight as to how it would pair with an iPhone 4 LOD and ATH-M50? Currently using the headphone out.

I agree that D-Zero and Lackerton UHA-4 would be interesting comparisons. I expect that the UHA-4 would be a closer competitor. I would also be interested to see how JDS Labs new portable amp will compare. Should be released in roughly a month or two with a price point under $175. If any ones up for doing the four way comparison I am all ears.

Daniel

Sep 4, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #18 of 25

Quote:
Thank you for the review. Would you have any insight as to how it would pair with an iPhone 4 LOD and ATH-M50? Currently using the headphone out.

I just ordered a set of M50's and the AMP-HP, so I am hoping that this pairing will be good. I hope the combo does not push the highs too much for my taste, but I can always mess with my EQ's a bit if they get too tiring for my ears.

I just joined Head-Fi and appreciate everyone's input on all the threads. I will be upgrading from undriven HD280's with this set up, so I am excited to hear what I've been missing! I got the two for c. $280 shipped and hope that my first-timer budget-minded setup will satisfy my craving for some aural updating.

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #19 of 25

Quote:
I just ordered a set of M50's and the AMP-HP, so I am hoping that this pairing will be good. I hope the combo does not push the highs too much for my taste, but I can always mess with my EQ's a bit if they get too tiring for my ears.

I just joined Head-Fi and appreciate everyone's input on all the threads. I will be upgrading from undriven HD280's with this set up, so I am excited to hear what I've been missing! I got the two for c. $280 shipped and hope that my first-timer budget-minded setup will satisfy my craving for some aural updating.

That sounds like a solid setup, and I imagine you will get plenty of enjoyment out of it. If you are up to it, pop in to this thread when you have an opinion formed (pictures are always welcome too!)

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #20 of 25
Thanks for the welcome. I am not sure I have the vocabulary to fully describe everything, but I am looking forward to trying to put the differences between the HD280's and the M50's in words. I image that a number of newbies are directed toward the 280's (as I was 5-6 years ago when I bought them) and might like a comparison (although judging by how sparsely 280's are mentioned in convos about this price range, perhaps they are no longer a can that beginners would gravitate towards). I will post thoughts and pics both here and perhaps in a thread dedicated to such thoughts. I have always liked my 280's a lot, and imagine that I will still wear them while drumming, but I know that they are small fish in big oceans.

Sep 4, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #21 of 25

Perfect! Let us know how the M50 sound amped vs un-amped. What source will you be using?

Sep 4, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #22 of 25

Quote:
Perfect! Let us know how the M50 sound amped vs un-amped. What source will you be using?

It will be straight out of my MacBook Pro. I don't have anything fancier, as I am a noob.
rolleyes.gif
I'll make sure I'm using high quality files or a CD for anything that use to compare, so at least I can try to add something productive to the convo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back