Review: Asus Xonar Essence STU
Feb 6, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #16 of 22
One question: can the STU play two signals at the same time? To be more precise: source 1 would be music from my PC via USB in and source 2 would be my digital guitar effect rack ELEVEN RACK via S/pdif in.

The STU seems to be the perfect solution to combine all of that while still offering me a headphone amp for my beyerdynamics dt 880 pro. But it all comes down to the question whether it can play 2 signals..

Thank you so much for your help!

Max

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #17 of 22
  One question: can the STU play two signals at the same time? To be more precise: source 1 would be music from my PC via USB in and source 2 would be my digital guitar effect rack ELEVEN RACK via S/pdif in.

The STU seems to be the perfect solution to combine all of that while still offering me a headphone amp for my beyerdynamics dt 880 pro. But it all comes down to the question whether it can play 2 signals..

Thank you so much for your help!

Max

Like most DACs, the Asus requires you to cycle through inputs one at a time. So only USB or Toslink or coax SPDIF can be selected at any given time.... not two of them. I'm not aware of any other DACs which can handle two digital signals at once. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #18 of 22

Wondering if the Asus Xonar Essence STU can do DAC and amplification of my Grade GS1000e headphones on only usb power or does it require dc power to be connected in order for it to amplify headphones?

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #21 of 22
What is the 5 Pin Jumper J3 near the Blue LED that keeps flashing. Anyone know what the 5 Pin jumper J3 does? And why isn't it jumpered?

20190828_202010.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back