Review : Artisan Cables "Ultimate Silver Dream" interconnects and "Silver Dream" Sennheiser Headphone Upgrade Cable
Apr 11, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #31 of 35
I just sent a pm to slim.a so I thought I should precis that for this thread.

One should'nt bother listening straight away to a wiring change but we all do. What I should have done is waited a bit longer - oh well.

I left the amp on all night and had a listen this morning. I had used lesser tubes, not wanting to use hours on my unobtanum NOS tubes.

The 6N silver accurately showed the difference in the tubes but where I was looking forward to the organic and emotional content of my NOS when I changed them I was a bit dissapointed, since these attributes were there right from the beginning with the SPC (s/plated copper).

The 'haze' or 'veil' was there as slim.a said and was expected. Wonderful detail on female voice, depth on piano and percussion had detail too but where is the organic emotion. The veil should lift and if this organic emotion comes through then it will indeed be better than SPC.

Apr 11, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #32 of 35
Thanks for sharing your impressions with us Black Stuart.

Concerning the burn-in, I felt that I had a lot of improvement with the ultimate silver dream during the first 100 hours. But I also think that they continued to improve ever so slightly long after that.

That is one of the reasons I have kept silent about the Mark2 sennheiser cable that Artisan Silver Cables sent me for review. I feel that it is still evolving so I am waiting until it settles down before writing a review.

May 13, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #33 of 35
Currently  using  19mk3 (usb, my hiface is still on the way )  +  compass amp ( C2C is temporally  out of order ) along with the  ultimate silver dream SE + AKG K601,  VERY impressed,  the soundstage just  sounds very REAL, even in  games like l4d2  i hear  the  zombies / survivors   talking  like  they're next to my ear, i don't feel like  using  in-game 5.1 settings and cmss3d headphone anymore, just plain old   stereo. 

Granted  my  previous  pair of  interfconnects ( sharkwire pink RCA )  were  average at best but i did not expect  to hear  such  a  difference, small details  come out  so effortlessly  and  everything  sounds  so damn smooth / focused, I can't  wait to get  my C2C  repaired ( it was 100% my fault mind you, not  a hardware  malfunction ) to  see  what  else I am missing.  

May 18, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #34 of 35

Quote:
Currently  using  19mk3 (usb, my hiface is still on the way )  +  compass amp ( C2C is temporally  out of order ) along with the  ultimate silver dream SE + AKG K601,  VERY impressed,  the soundstage just  sounds very REAL, even in  games like l4d2  i hear  the  zombies / survivors   talking  like  they're next to my ear, i don't feel like  using  in-game 5.1 settings and cmss3d headphone anymore, just plain old   stereo. 

Granted  my  previous  pair of  interfconnects ( sharkwire pink RCA )  were  average at best but i did not expect  to hear  such  a  difference, small details  come out  so effortlessly  and  everything  sounds  so damn smooth / focused, I can't  wait to get  my C2C  repaired ( it was 100% my fault mind you, not  a hardware  malfunction ) to  see  what  else I am missing.  

I had the same combination (dac19mk3+c2c) as yours before and I agree that everything sounds real with the Ultimate Silver Dream. I compared the Ultimate Silver Dreams to a few interconnects costing up to €800 and the Ultimate Silver Dream was either on par or better those interconnects.
(I have yet to try Black Stuarts RCA cables though).

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by slim.a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just remembered that I forgot to mention that Artisan Silver Cables sent me last week their Mark 2 Headphone Upgrade Cable. I received it Saturday and all I can say is that I am very impressed by the build quality. It is as good as the Moon Audio Blue Dragon and better than Stefan AudioArt Equinox. The worst looking cable (besides the stock one) is their Mark1 cable (the one that I am using). But I kept using it because it sounds so good compared to all the other cables I have tried so far.

As for the sound quality, I haven't done any serious listening so far. I will post my impressions later and I will also have the opportunity to compare them to a Revelation Audio Lab cable that rosgr63 is going to send me.

Hi slim.a,any further impressions with the mark 2 cable?

Just received mine and although it is early days i quite like what i am hearing.Need to let it play for a while before i can say anything definate but the high frequencies sound cleaner,i think copper is a smidgeon grainier in this respect.

Nice build quality too,almost identical to the blue dragon except for the hint of red through the cable instead of blue.

It took me a little bit longer than expected but I have finished writing the review of the Mark2 cable here: http://new.head-fi.org/forum/thread/492395/review-mark-2-artisan-silver-dream-headphone-upgrade-cable-for-the-sennheiser-hd-650

Aug 5, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #35 of 35
Reactivating this thread.
Replaced cable between dac and Feliks Audio Euforia with Artisan Ultimate Silver Dream rca interconnect. The result is excellent, I can 100% confirm what was written in this thread more than 10 years ago. Price performance ratio is outstanding. I will now replace all analog and digital interconnects with Ultimate silver dream. They will replace cables from a very renowned brand which cost about 6 (!) times the price of the Artisans.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back