Review and impressions thread: Beat Audio Cronus and Supreme Rose cables for custom IEMs
Dec 12, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #47 of 54
I bought a Supreme Rose cable from a fellow Head-fi'er about a week ago. The JH plugs work fine with my 1964-Ears triples. The stiffness of the cables keep them from the usual tangled mess that arises from transporting them coiled. About the sound, I should say upfront that I'm agnostic about cables. Still, there's some slight improvement of detail over the stock cables. Why? I suspect that: 1. I'm paying more close attention because this is a new toy and/or 2. the better quality of plug (Viablue) makes for a better connection.

These are a good and imo reasonably priced upgrade for customs or high end universals. They look good and the greater durability and ergonomics of the cable are worth it.

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #49 of 54
I'm considering ordering the Supreme Rose as a replacement to my Effect Audio Pearl cable which I've had for over 2 years and used almost daily. The cable has been pretty neglected, I'm not precious about looking after it, I've snagged it more than a few times and it always just gets stuffed inside my jacket pocket after my twice daily commute. The Pearl has been pretty robust considering my neglect.

My question is, is the Supreme Rose robust enough to handle this kind of punishment in the real world on a daily basis, getting stuffed in pocket and snagged etc? Or would I need to coil it up meticulously after every journey? Durability is my first priority, followed by SQ/aesthetics - but I do very much like the look of the Supreme Rose.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #50 of 54
The main reason I bought the Supreme is its durability. I am quite sure it can handle your beating quite well. I myself tend to do that as well 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I'm considering ordering the Supreme Rose as a replacement to my Effect Audio Pearl cable which I've had for over 2 years and used almost daily. The cable has been pretty neglected, I'm not precious about looking after it, I've snagged it more than a few times and it always just gets stuffed inside my jacket pocket after my twice daily commute. The Pearl has been pretty robust considering my neglect.

My question is, is the Supreme Rose robust enough to handle this kind of punishment in the real world on a daily basis, getting stuffed in pocket and snagged etc? Or would I need to coil it up meticulously after every journey? Durability is my first priority, followed by SQ/aesthetics - but I do very much like the look of the Supreme Rose.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #52 of 54
I'm looking at the Beat Audio product page and the Supreme Rose no longer appear to be available.  In their place I see a model called Sapphire.  Does anyone know if these have the same characteristics as the Supreme Rose, notably the plastic ear routing?

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #53 of 54
Quote:
I'm looking at the Beat Audio product page and the Supreme Rose no longer appear to be available.  In their place I see a model called Sapphire.  Does anyone know if these have the same characteristics as the Supreme Rose, notably the plastic ear routing?

It appears to have the same design as all the other Beat cables, but I'd email Stephen Guo (or your local rep if you live somewhere other than USA) and double check. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #54 of 54
Hi everyone, 

I'm considering buying the Supreme Rose for my Shure SE535 and wondered what the general life time of the cable is likely to be before I need to purchase another.

My stock cable that came with my Shures has done over 2 years now and I'm noticing loss of quality. Just weighing up if I should keep buying stock cables from Shure every few years or go for an upgrade cable like Supreme Rose. Is there a noticeable sound improvement? I'm not bothered about how it looks. Just want the best sound quality but don't want to spend over £150+. That's silly money for a wire!

Thanks,
James 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back