Revelation in the Nine O'Clock Hour
Oct 16, 2002 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kerelybonto

doo-di-doo-di-dum doo-di-dum doo-di-doo-di-dum
I just had one of those amazing listening experiences that justified all the money I've spent in the past months, all the time I've invested reading Head-Fi, all the effort I've expended building my steadily improving audio system.

Wow. A break between Russian and Aristotle turns into an epiphany. These moments happen all too infrequently for me: music matches mood matches milieu. Perfect. HP-2 donned, Surfing With The Alien under the laser; window open to let in a cold breeze and a few drops of slowly falling rain; music starts and I'm gone. I just stood there for over an hour, eyes closed, listening to the same three songs. Entranced. Enthralled. Amazing.

Cans off now, and I'm more relaxed than I've been in recent memory. Muscle fatigue is relegated somewhere beneath the threshold of sensing. Mind's clear, crisp. The song remains, playing in that perfect system that's my mind. Wow.

I know now for sure that I want to take the next step and add the best amplifier I can afford to my setup. Right now I know, know that there's nothing better for my money. Ah.

I'm done for the night. Going to take a hot shower and sleep. For some reason I think waking up for crew tomorrow is going to be easier.

kerely

Oct 16, 2002 at 5:17 AM Post #3 of 4
Cool... I just pulled my Etys off and unplugged them from the TiBook I'm typing on... Pink Floyd's "When The Tigers Broke Free" just started up(it was next in queue)... those opening chords... on the (albeit horrible) speakers made me stop in my tracks for a minute...

Really amazing.

Oct 16, 2002 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 4
eric343
HI: I have been listening to pink floyd for many years since atom heart mother their first album. Now besides some good home setups and some real good home setup as I have now I was always a portable guy and had real junk source and junk headphones. But at the time I know no better and it all sound real good. Now I listen to pink floyd with my 580s and my Max Out META42 and its like hearing them for the first time. I just get lost in all the many albums I put on my mini disc and can say a definite WOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back