Revamping my entire setup, need a DAC/Amp/Speakers
Sep 9, 2014 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lnvisible

100+ Head-Fier
So at the moment I'm using onboard sound with some Creative speakers and my JVC-FX500 IEMs. It's time for a change. Budget is $330 for everything. Not going a cent higher.

A few things before I get started. I don't like full size cans. I love IEMs. So an amp isnt required, and really isn't required if the speakers I get are active. So here is what I was thinking about getting:

DAC/Amp - FiiO E07K. It's a DAC and an Amp, as well as portable. So I could take it with me on the road if I ever wish too
Speakers - JBL LSR305 Studio Monitors
Other - FiiO L7 adapter. My two JBLs would plug into this adapter via XLR-3.5mm since they're active monitors

What does everyone think about this setup? If anything can be changed to maximize what I get for $330 do tell me. Thanks.

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #2 of 4
Good setup.

However, the FiiO E10K is certainly small enough to "take on the road" with you, although it does need to be plugged in:

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #3 of 4
Good setup.

However, the FiiO E10K is certainly small enough to "take on the road" with you, although it does need to be plugged in:

Mhm, didnt even think about the E10K. It has a built in line-in, so I wouldnt even need that adapter for my JBLs if I decided to get the E10K correct? It's cheaper too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back