Reunited with my Karma =)
Feb 16, 2005 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Orestes

100+ Head-Fier
I had a Karma before. Never had a problem with it. Then something possessed me and made me trade it for an ipod.

I really missed the Karma. I just couldn't think of any reason why I traded it. I'm such a fool.

Today, I bought another Karma from Circuit City. I'm so happy. What can I say, I missed that fat and ugly player =)

Feb 16, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 12
Congrats! Glad you came back to the good side, teh karma side

Feb 16, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 12
how can you betray us like that!

tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 9:50 AM Post #8 of 12
I purchased a Karma yesterday as well. I couldn't pass up a sticker price of $150 for a demo from Magnolia Hi-Fi. Add $25 for a 2-year extended warranty which includes a one-time 'same or equivalent replacement' and I may be listening to a Chroma in a few months....or later.

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #9 of 12
the only reason why i came back: BETTER SOUND QUALITY!

Feb 17, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orestes
I missed that fat and ugly player =)

It's kind of like those ugly dogs. They're so ugly that they're cute. Everything today is so...well, "ipodish". The Karma and the Carbon to a degree are so different. Gotta be different. Congrats on getting back to the first love.

Feb 17, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #12 of 12
Mine just arrived, too. I had an iHP-140 (for a long time), 4G iPod 40GB, and a Karma all at once when trying to decide. Since my Karma was exibiting weirdness (hard drive not responding sometimes) I decided to bail on it. I kept the iPod.

My new Karma arrived today because I missed it too much. And, just like when I had the first one - it made me smile. That seems to be my primary test of equipment anymore: does I notice that I'm smiling involuntarily? That's how my DT770s seem to strike me, and the Karma gives me that for sure. The iPod never really did it for me. I even tried spending on accessories, etc. But when I started playing music on the Karma (in my car through a cassette adapter, no less), I noticed that I was smiling. It probably has to do with the gapless playback, but the way it deals with picking and lining up songs is just awesome, too. I miss the WAY better display on the iPod. The Karma's screen is almost worthless at night in my car. But, boy do I love it!

I'd welcome you back, but you beat me to it. Now I'm just waiting on Chroma!

BTW - iPod goes up for sale immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back