Returns?
Feb 26, 2004 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

strike

New Head-Fier
Has anyone successfully returned anything to TTVJ? I ordered some Shure E3c 'phones and don't like them. I've emailed them a few times and have yet to receive a response regarding details on what to do.

--

EDIT: I called and left a message, and he called back. Looks like phone's the way to go. (No pun intended.)

Feb 26, 2004 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 12
Hi All,

To anyone wanting to return a product purchased from TTVJ, just send it back with the packing in as new condition to me at P.O. Box 1335, 405 2nd Ave. E. , Three Forks, MT. 59752. Refunds take a week to occur. If you are returning Etymotics or Shure earbuds, PLEASE keep the tips you used and return the unused with the headphones. I don't need your used tips
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #4 of 12
I have made several returns to Todd with no problem. He was VERY good to deal with.

Cheers,
-Silby

BTW-Todd, do you know when you're getting in the XP-7 PS

Feb 27, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #6 of 12
see, that's Todd for ya. 6 minutes to get back to you. as always, Todd, it's a pleasure doing business.

Cheers,
-Silby

Feb 27, 2004 at 12:25 AM Post #7 of 12
I think Todd should have separate cans for quick auditions for interested buyers. Maybe 2 of each type so that fewer people order new headphones with the intention of returning them.

If, when you order your headphones, you specify that you are interested in doing a quick audition first - Todd can save up the fresh pieces for later in case you are really interested.

Also - I encourage members to contact other members on the forums for what they want and maybe arrange a quick audition with a security deposit.

For example - I am willing to let people borrow my gear if they give me a security deposit (unless their feedback is solid) for quick auditions (1 week or less).

Todd - think about this
cool.gif

Feb 27, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #8 of 12
Hi gsferrari,

I can do that but it would have to be for 1 week only and I would need a credit card number to cover shipping and on the chance that they are not returned. Contact me via phone if any of you want to do this. I will try to accomodate as many requests as possible.

Todd

Feb 27, 2004 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Todd
Hi gsferrari,

I can do that but it would have to be for 1 week only and I would need a credit card number to cover shipping and on the chance that they are not returned. Contact me via phone if any of you want to do this. I will try to accomodate as many requests as possible.

Todd

EXACTLY what I expected. One week should be enough because these cans are more or less broken in. Besides - if you keep the CC for security - NO ONE will be upset because its not like sending a MO or a CHECK or (gasp) Cash...

This is awesome Todd - but its not for everyone see...you have to make sure there are only a few cans from each brand that you set aside for this purpose.

When the time comes that these headphones are really used but still sweet sounding - you can give them a quick once over refurb and put them on SALE or on AUCTION for HeadFi members.

Or you can do a giveaway
smily_headphones1.gif

Here's how it should work :-
===================

Serious Future Buyers contact Todd for the "Quick Audition" or QA
very_evil_smiley.gif

Todd receives your CC# and mails out the headphones.

Your one week starts the moment you receive the cans (tracking number will be used to determine this).

You have to SHIP the stuff out before 12:00 noon (he he - thank you BlockBuster) on the 7th day and ship it back to Todd or to whoever is next in line. (Todd you can get people to help you keep track of the stuff - I volunteer to help).

The process continues...

This way - Everyone wins and Todd doesnt waste his fresh pieces on indecisive buyers.

cheers!

Feb 27, 2004 at 7:44 AM Post #10 of 12
Have you checked the General Discussion board for the "Headphone Bank" Idea? It's almost the same concept: Newbies trying out headphones to buy, or comparing them hands-on to see which they prefer. I like either idea.
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2004 at 7:10 AM Post #11 of 12
yeah, i emailed him beforehand to ask about the return policy and such because i told him i wanted to try them out (shure e3c). he said no problem, return 'em within a month. i dropped 'em in the mail yesterday.

i thought they sounded great, but were uncomfortable. i guess i just don't like canal 'phones, period. oh well, i'll stick with my koss ksc-35 and sennheiser px200 (also bought--and kept--from todd. ha ha).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back