Returned triple fi, now what?
Oct 12, 2008 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

straden

100+ Head-Fier
I loved its soundstage, details, but it was just not comfortable for me after couple weeks of wearing...

I am back in the market for another pair...
I am looking for one with wide soundstage if not wider, with good detail, and warmer overall sound with good bass. And very importantly, something very comfortable that I can sleep with...

Which one would be better choice? (i know thounds of people already asked but...)

Um2, se530, sa6(maybe with new wireless), image x10, or any other...?

Using iphone stock bud now, I already miss all those details...
E4c is ok with plenty of details but lacks bass & power of triple fi...
I need to order something today or tomorrow =(

Oct 12, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 12
I would go with the Shure SE530's they are the most comfortable IEMs I have worn however people say the UM2's are even more comfortable. Also the bass on the SE530's are very nice and controlled (although some say they might be a bit boomy). The mid range is amazing so crystal clear. I would say the SE530's have a warmer sound than the triple.fi's (not from experience) just due to its concentration on the mid and lower end. The trips focus more on the higher end.

I went through the same decision a few weeks left and ended up with the SE530 mainly because of comfort. I didn't want to risk spending $400 on an uncomfortable IEM.

Oct 12, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 12
SE530s get my recomendation also, they have a good focus on the low/mids but you might find them a bit rolled on the highs from your triple fis.

I use mine with the iphone and can sleep with them in and they sound great.

They are also a bit smaller than the triple fis which in my book is a plus.

Dave

Oct 12, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #6 of 12
SA6 are a very good option as they small, comfortable, are very well balanced (more high-end detail and glitter than SE530's, soundwuse, a middle ground between trips and se530's), now have wireless functionality and are sound customizable.

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SA6 are a very good option as they small, comfortable, are very well balanced (more high-end detail and glitter than SE530's, soundwuse, a middle ground between trips and se530's), now have wireless functionality and are sound customizable.

Yes, I was about to place order on se530 and then baammm I saw this wireless thing , and it is holding me back LOL.
Do you know if sa6 has wider soundstage than se530? (I assume not since its much cheaper)

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by straden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I was about to place order on se530 and then baammm I saw this wireless thing , and it is holding me back LOL.
Do you know if sa6 has wider soundstage than se530? (I assume not since its much cheaper)

Well I own both the SE530's and the SA6 and also the triplefi's as it happens and I'd say that both the SE530's and the sleeks are about the same, soundstage-wise. I havn't consciously compared both these phones on that merit though. The Se530's might have better depth to them, come to think about it, but the differeance is little. Since recieving and using my replacement cable for my SA6 they have impressed me enormously with their SQ and sonic presentation! They do hold their own, IMHO, with the shures for sound quality.

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #9 of 12
have you considered customs?

I loved the SQ of the trips but they ,literally, made my ears bleed (too big)

Livewires and hearyourself both offer customs at a good price.

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #10 of 12
The SA6 gets my vote. Heard the SE530 briefly and I wasn't too impressed. Coming from SF5Pro, the SE530 sound sig doesn't quite suit what I'm looking for and thus I end up with the SA6.

Oct 12, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have you considered customs?

I loved the SQ of the trips but they ,literally, made my ears bleed (too big)

Livewires and hearyourself both offer customs at a good price.

I thought about UE11 but it is too expensive, any of those come close to in terms of SQ? I am not sure about customs as a whole because it wouldn't fit on my friend's ear if I wanted to share what they are missing
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back