Retiring from Head-Fi.... :(
Dec 24, 2005 at 8:24 AM Post #16 of 50
How many posts before you actually retire ??
very_evil_smiley.gif

If you must go...at least the reasons are pretty solid
wink.gif
Enjoy the speakers...truly special arent they?

Dec 24, 2005 at 8:27 AM Post #17 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
How many posts before you actually retire ??
very_evil_smiley.gif

If you must go...at least the reasons are pretty solid
wink.gif
Enjoy the speakers...truly special arent they?

Ahhh... GSferrari... how could I forget about you? I always enjoyed following your exploits ever since you dubbed the SA5000 as "hyperdetailed".... ahh, the memories!
cool.gif

Dec 24, 2005 at 8:32 AM Post #18 of 50
Soon, you'll discover that the "dedicated sources" and "computers as sources" forums are useful even to speaker users... Then, of course, comes power, cables and other tweaks...
very_evil_smiley.gif

I know, that's what happened to me. Happily I'm too broke to have been consumed by the curse
tongue.gif

/JF

Dec 24, 2005 at 8:51 AM Post #20 of 50
Ahhhh. Jumping from the frying pan into the fire. ROTFLMAO!
tongue.gif

Martin Logans are just the beginning. 'Tis a bottomless pit.

Have a ball!!! … also Have a Great New Year and be well.
icon10.gif

Dec 24, 2005 at 9:10 AM Post #21 of 50
Don't you mean, "I'm quitting head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif
"?

Dec 24, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #23 of 50
sure thing Grawk... you will be back...if for nothing else but your other half... who just recently uhh downgraded to an HE60/HEV70
icon10.gif

Although once I am out of school in a few months much more money will be going towards my speaker rig thats for sure.

Dec 24, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #24 of 50
Speakers have their own set of curses - room placement, walking around with a Mic and a pink noise generator - padding your walls with blankets - I don't begrudge your move at all! When you come up for air, come wade in the can pool with us again!

Dec 24, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #25 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey_V
biggrin.gif
Some of you know me as the guy who posted 1 poll too many. Some of you know me as the guy who was so inquisitive about Singlepower, but ultimately ended up with a solid state amp - the HeadAmp GS-1. Some of you know me as the guy who never really had a stellar source and/or DAC. Some of you know me as the guy who became ONE with akwok to form the notorious JOWOK just this summer past.
biggrin.gif

I've never heard of you but good luck and live long.

Dec 24, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #26 of 50
Yea! Great choice in a Hybrid/Electrostat. An Amplifier plays a huge roll in bringing those to life! Bi-amping built in - Awesome ! Getting an amplifier that can handle the reactive/capacitive load is key as with the proper wires. Check this out: ESL cables they are coaxial in design catering to the ESL speakers. I have been sharing listening time with a newly pair of modded ReQuest.
Awesome! Joey_V !!

Dec 24, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #27 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by canloader
Yea! Great choice in a Hybrid/Electrostat. An Amplifier plays a huge roll in bringing those to life! Bi-amping built in - Awesome ! Getting an amplifier that can handle the reactive/capacitive load is key as with the proper wires. Check this out: ESL cables they are coaxial in design catering to the ESL speakers. I have been sharing listening time with a newly pair of modded ReQuest.
Awesome! Joey_V !!

Calm down canloader..... you're drooling!
tongue.gif

Dec 24, 2005 at 6:36 PM Post #28 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrillic
Don't you mean, "I'm quitting head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif
"?

I'm only 23.... if I retire.... I can always come back, ever heard of Jordan?
tongue.gif

Quitting is like the end.

One day... with some disposable income, I wont be surprised if I come back and reprise my role as Poll Man.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back