Retailers in Manhattan
Aug 28, 2007 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

RepublicanJew

New Head-Fier
There don't appear to be any retailers in Omaha that carry the headphones that I would like to try out (Grado 225/325i, Senn 555/595, AKG 701, Beyer 880). Which is a real bummer, because it's probably true that unless your own ears experience these cans firsthand, you can't really make an informed decision. Anyway, I'm still looking to upgrade from my SR-60s to something up with the big boys, and I'll be travelling to New York soon. I figure, if there isn't a retailer in Manhattan that physically carries all of the above, then there isn't one anywhere that does. Do you guys know of a good place to go in Manhattan where an aspiring audiophile can go to experience how deep the rabbit hole goes?

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #2 of 2
For the Grados, try J&R at City Hall. I didn't ask but I think you can demo them. They have many headphones but since I was only looking for grados I didn't look very well, they must have the senns, maybe the k701.
Virgin sells Grados and Sennheisers too.

There's an audiophile store on Broadway no far from City Hall, I saw that they have headphone amps, you should try it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back